Full Rebuild!

aright i got me some rust-oleum high performance enamel tough sh*t gloss orange. its not a burnt orange but it will be darker with the black paint underneath. also some tremclad gloss black for the upper a arms and some tremclad clear coat tough sh*t to top everything.

now i just need to rip it apart, sand and prep it, straghten the swinger and paint away.

weeeee! takin a break. my backs sore. all i have left to take off is the front end including the handlebars and steering stem, a arms, shocks wheels and brake lines and im done tearing it down. then clean up and paint. i could do this in a week. so easy to do lol.

oh and ill post some pics later

quadshit004.jpg

quadshit008.jpg

quadshit002.jpg

98_1.JPG

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! now i dont have to worry bought my yellow shocks looking gay or having to get them powerdercoated! these looks sick, they kinda look thin and see through, but if they are, i can just attach a layer to the inside so you dont see through them. easily do that. btw ktm orange, supposebly.

wow good job man nice work i love the shock covers, i'm really interested in how this turns out as i have been thinking about and orange frame with black plastics for some time now but haven't got round to it yet lol

im takin a million pictures of every step once i get paintin so you can see it. everyone likes pictures dont they? :D

just got the a-arms off and the steering stem off now im done taking it apart. just need to clean off all the dirt and grease and start sanding. anyone know if you can jsut leave all the grease and dirt on the parts when you sand blast it? i might sand blast it if its going to be easier. such a pain in the ass cleaning and sanding the whole frame. pretty good start for maybe 5 hours total of work eh? im happy.

if you want to do it yourself then you should just plug all the holes on the frame and power wash it.....

the use an electric sander...

powerwasher acualy doesnt seem to get the grease off. but ill just take my time with it today. and what kind of electric sander?

ye its guna look sick. wonder how many coats of orange the frames going to need before it looks sick. also doing a couple coats of clear top coat with this tough sh*t that protects it well. my only setback at the moment is i have to weld a bracket for the rear left fender because i bought it with it snapped off. he plugged the hole but didnt help much so its all kinda rusty around it. i could take it to my dads shop to do, but ive only welded in metal shop lol plus we would have to fab a bracket TO weld on.

yeah its a bit more work but when its stripped down you may as well fix the bracket, rather than wishing you had later and when your painting it and everything you will want it to look its best rather than a snapped off bracket lol

well i taped it off and ill make one later on. i know if i put the painting off now ill never finish this project. so ill do the welding later when i can.

first coat of orange done, just on the frame. still have to clean other components.

gotta question u putin you front fenders back on i think that will help the look of the orange and black

not nescessarly other people have probably found this photochopper before so oringinally it does not belong to anyone unless they create it. so ohhh well

it helps but its not like the best becuase blasters have alot more frame showing so it would make quite the difference. im going to need atleast 5 coats of orange to even make it look solid

so far turning out sh*ty. maybe i just dont know how to paint? maybe its just being f*cking gay for me. no where around here sand blasts so i couldnt do that. my dad said it wouldnt need primer but i think i should have used primer to even out the gay light spots. now either i take it somewhere, which would be sick cuz i could get a bomb ass orange, or just keep going. 1 can lasted like 1 and half coats which is gay.