FULL '96 Rebuild

The Blaster oil pump has been blamed for many an engine failure, when in fact it has been operator error.

Air leak resulting in a fried piston, blame the pump.

Induced dirt causing abrasion, blame the pump.

Seizure due to low oil, blame the pump.

Incorrect oil, blame the pump.

Air lock in lines from running out of oil or exposing the pickup due to flipping the bike. Failure bleeding the system,
Blame the pump

Cold seizes due to lack of warm up, guess what, yup blame the pump.

Ashtray overflowing, blame the pump!:D:D:D
Very much agree. Still running mine with stock piston and rings from 04, and not a problem. Still have great compression. Maintenence is KEY!

Reactions: dirtysquared
Excellent job on the bike bro. Couple of questions if u don't mind .first thing how do u post piks I don't know how for the life of me..second the cr500 head bolts is that a performance mod .that's my little toy ......yessss!!!! I uploaded a pic finallyView attachment 10172

Excellent job on the bike bro. Couple of questions if u don't mind .first thing how do u post piks I don't know how for the life of me..second the cr500 head bolts is that a performance mod .that's my little toy ......yessss!!!! I uploaded a pic finally
2014-05-29 11.21.57.png

Thanks jerseyblaster. I see you figured out how to post pics lol. Anyway, installing CR500 head studs isnt any sort of a performance mod. I'd call it a reliability mod. The stock studs can pull out (as in my case) so you can opt to put in CR500 studs (required some machining: counterbore, oversize drill and tap) but those suckers wont pull out in a million years. Check out this post for more info:
www.blasterforum.com/threads/head-stud-pulling-out.51233/

I'd call ARP and see if they had any studs that'd work.

10 stud Honda Civic drag cars holding 1000+whp? Yeah, ARP is who I'd call if I ever have a problem of the head lifting.

Reactions: waffle429
I apologize anyway it's an amazing bike I may wanna put extended head studs on my bike now .....waffle 429 my bike isn't nearly as clean as yours but imma do the stud trick hahaha

Reactions: waffle429