fuel mix ratio, and plug problems

bigred85

Nov 11, 2011
friendship,tn
i have a blaster, i do not really know what year but it is bored 80 over, port and polished, and has boyesen carbon fiber reeds with a DG header and fat boy exhaust. it keeps burnin up plugs, what should my fuel mix ratio be?

if you are burning up plugs you are running very lean.....no need for a plug chop at this point its time for a leak down test to see if you have air leaks

i got your pm but i figured i would go ahead and post here. what do you mean by burning up plugs? they turn black? look up how to do a plug chop and that should turn up a very descriptive explination on how to do it but basically you warm the bike up and then put a new plug in and run it wide open through the gears and then shut it off while holding in the clutch. then cut the threads off the plug and look for the ring around the base of the porciline.
doing a leakdown test basically presurises the cylinder by blocking off the exhaust and a leakdown tester in the intake to see if it holds air. a 2 stroke should not have any air leaks because it usually causes a lean condition that will overheat the motor. a member here slickerthanyou sells these testers.

Looking from the kicker side it is uppermost and rearward on the carb, a little brass nipple. Block it off with a cap and silicone.