Front Sprocket

zmaro

Dec 7, 2010
MN
Would changing to a 14 tooth front sprocket with 20x10-9 tires be a noticeable change from stock? I dont want to change the rear sprocket, but right now 1st gear is pretty much useless so would a 14 tooth be enough to gear it up with the new tires?
Thanks

if you rarley ever need to go topped out in 6th then i dont think you need it. i had a 14t on mine and lost some power. but if you usually ride at high speeds then it wil be a good upgrade. its definitly noticeable.

well I want the top end for cruising on fire roads as now at about 40 mph it starts to vibrate more and its like either pin it or slow down a little so it runs at a lower RPM. I wouldnt mind if it made every gear like one higher (new 1st would be like stock 2nd...) because I really never NEED to use 1st gear. any info on if renthal are good?

I changed it out and we getta ride our neighborhood all the time and the 14t works much better imo. I can say youll get like half a gear more if that makes scence......

i have a "primary drive" front 14 tooth with about 4 hours on it, i didnt like the loss of low end for my tight trails around here, but did notice what your looking for, and prolly 10mph on top
i paid like $15 plus shipping
i can save ya the shipping, at your door for $15, looks and is like brand new
pm me if interested

Related question I had when reading this thread was whether or not you have to do anything to make space in front of the sprocket to have room for the chain with the change to 14T. For example, do you have to grind out space in front of sprocket removing material from that plastic cover... or is it as simple as just replacing the sprocket? Just seems like a bit of a tight fit to me? thanks!

Related question I had when reading this thread was whether or not you have to do anything to make space in front of the sprocket to have room for the chain with the change to 14T. For example, do you have to grind out space in front of sprocket removing material from that plastic cover... or is it as simple as just replacing the sprocket? Just seems like a bit of a tight fit to me? thanks!

you shouldnt have to, but its possible i guess depending on the plastic casting, nothing a razor cant fix

no modification for a 14 tooth, bolts right on, possibly a 15 will need a trim ???