Front shocks reasonable$

blastinfools

Jan 29, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Hey guys I'm getting tired of my suspention beating me to death, I've done a little searching around and I think I'm going with the ex400 rear, but the fronts have me stumped, I have no funds for elkas or works even the used ones seem a bit rich for my blood (aka my wife would kill me if I dropped that kind of coin). Are there any good options that won't break the bank, or take any major fabbing, to improve my ride? If someone has something up for sale I would be interested in checking them out including the ex400.

Thank for the help!!!

Banshee front shocks swap over and are supposed to be a good upgrade over stock.

seems like they run about 50 bucks. Works can be had for around 150 if you keep an eye on ebay

400ex rear is a great upgrade, or the 450r rear shock.
thats what i have and i love it, made things ride some much smoother.
still got to work on the front, like others said heard banshees are great.

To late for me. Got mine for $195. I would of had a bit more into them if it wasn't for a great friend giving the mounting bushins that didn't come with them.

I gotta agree with the Cheapo banshee front shock swap out.
Substantial improvement over stock. Perform like a well tuned aftermarket front suspension setup??? NO.

But, as said, MUCH better than stock blaster shocks, and swap right in!!! Better springs and longer travel always are gonna = better ride, etc...

Got mine for about $50 shipped off Fee-Bay, try to find the latest model shee shocks you can(white) in best condition, all will range about the same price.
rule is:
Red = Oldest
Yellow = Middle years
White = Last shee models/newest

Here is the best current Ebay deal right now, just checked for you:
Shee white shock set

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta agree with the Cheapo banshee front shock swap out.
Substantial improvement over stock. Perform like a well tuned aftermarket front suspension setup??? NO.

But, as said, MUCH better than stock blaster shocks, and swap right in!!! Better springs and longer travel always are gonna = better ride, etc...

Got mine for about $50 shipped off Fee-Bay, try to find the latest model shee shocks you can(white) in best condition, all will range about the same price.
rule is:
Red = Oldest
Yellow = Middle years
White = Last shee models/newest

Here is the best current Ebay deal right now, just checked for you:
Shee white shock set

A little pricey. I'll have a good pair for sale in a week or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
400ex back shocks are good get banshee shocks on front theyr ot as stiff as blaster

Thanks guys I just found a atc250r rear on CL that I am hoping to pick up cheap,and i'll keep my eyes peeled for cheap shee's. Blasterdemon7 let me know what your tryin to part with and what your lookin to get.

I love my trx 250r rear shock.

I've seen works go real cheap on eBay. I paid 80 or 90 for mine, had to buy springs and rebuild, but I'll be under 250 for a set of like new works

I tried the banshee shock option, but found they were barely better than the stock shocks.

Unfortunately the Works shocks are your cheapest best option, in my opinion. Buy once....cry once.

I finally broke down and bought some used Works shocks for $167 delivered to my door off of ebay. They were 1 season old and in damn good shape. Just keep your eye open on ebay and be creative with your ebay searches to find shocks that will work.

I tried the banshee shock option, but found they were barely better than the stock shocks.

Unfortunately the Works shocks are your cheapest best option, in my opinion. Buy once....cry once.

Just courious why not many talk about the Elkas ?

I find it odd how some people see a good improvement with the Banshee shocks and others don't . I seen a good inprovement with mine.

Just courious why not many talk about the Elkas ?

Most of the reason is that elka's go for more money than a set of works. Typically a lot more. Works are about the best bang for your Buck, and their customer service is phenomenal