Front Brakes?

ryanbohr

May 2, 2012
Michigan
When do you use your front brakes? When is it too dangerous to use them to stop, or are they not really used much? I never really had them for about a year or two, but I just got them fixed.

i use the fronts way more than the backs, as my feet are usually pushing the pegs side to side to help guide the blaster thru everything
one finger on the front brake lever is much easier (hydro fronts)

Huh, okay I would've never figured, but I guess unless you're going max speed, you won't flip it or get the back wheels off the ground.

I very seldom use the back brakes when I stop.

The only time I use the back break to stop, is if I aint gonna stop before I hit something.

I do sometimes use the back break for setting up powerslides on the corners.

As you commit to the corner, swing the butt over, and dot the back break to get the ass end around some, then power on for the slide.

Takes a hell of a lot of practice, and a few adrenaline rushes, but it helps to be sideways before you hit the corner.

The only time I use the back break to stop, is if I aint gonna stop before I hit something.

As you commit to the corner, swing the butt over, and dot the back break to get the ass end around some, then power on for the slide.

Takes a hell of a lot of practice, and a few adrenaline rushes, but it helps to be sideways before you hit the corner.

That's the whole reasion I'm a Quad guy.I:I

mx'ers know how to use their body! lmao

Yup, ^^^^
The only way to get around our steep tight trails with any speed ... you just can't use throttle to set up for corners going down hill here, end up at the bottom of the canyon :) ... use fronts to set entry speed and tap rears to kick the back around
Fronts have the most stopping power on about anything you ride ... how they're used is the difference between average riders & good riders ... nothing whimpy about having good brakes and knowing how to use them.

misguidedblaster.jpg

And not only on a quad!:DI:I:DI:I:DB)B)B)

hah! I:I

Yup, ^^^^
The only way to get around our steep tight trails with any speed ... you just can't use throttle to set up for corners going down hill here, end up at the bottom of the canyon :) ... use fronts to set entry speed and tap rears to kick the back around
Fronts have the most stopping power on about anything you ride ... how they're used is the difference between average riders & good riders ... nothing whimpy about having good brakes and knowing how to use them.

damn dud!

Okay thanks guys, that is something that I was doing the complete opposite of. One question for you guys because it's not important enough to make a topic about, should I put the switch box (headlights and engine stop switch) right against the grip? I would rather not because my bar is scratched up and you can see the scratches if it and the clutch lever are right against the grip.

Okay thanks guys, that is something that I was doing the complete opposite of. One question for you guys because it's not important enough to make a topic about, should I put the switch box (headlights and engine stop switch) right against the grip? I would rather not because my bar is scratched up and you can see the scratches if it and the clutch lever are right against the grip.

Whatever feels cOmfortable man.

forget the scratches, nobody's gonna see them at 50+ thru the trails
mount them against the grip, so they're within reach

If my front brakes worked I would probably use them more

I am not trying to have a shot at you, but if your front brakes are not working, then you are courting disaster.

With only the backs working you have less than 30% stopping power.

You need the front brakes for control when stopping, otherwise you stop sideways or upside down.:eek: