fresh rebuild boggs out

TeamCarr

Jul 16, 2009
Cocoa,Fl
i just out together my top and missed up from new gas and oil and it starts up and then boggs down when i give it gas and slowly dies if i try and let it idle. i have my tors removed with the stock tors carb cap still on. is my carb not adjusted right? i took the bowl off and everything looks clean so idk.

now i cant even get it to start. but i checked the plug and it looks fine and there is spark still so where do i go from here?

i cleaned the main jet. where is the pilot jet? this kinda sucks for me bc carbs scare me haha. there is just so much going on in that little space.

take the main jet out then the plastic splash gaurd there is a little hole, the spash gard fits in, in that hole is the tiny idle jet use a good small..but not too small flat head screw driver ( I love my 30 year old MAC tweaker) and you know the rest (I hope) lefty loosey....

oh and when you clean the carb use compressed air to blow all the passages out

BTW I had same problem changed the plug and reved up fine afterwardsB)
but still clean that carb properly...

i put a new plug in as well. well i got the carb off and im taking to my friends and hes going to clean it for me tonight. hopefully ill be running by morning.

Last edited: