Frame serial number...uh oh....

if u was near me i'd GIVE one of my frames. im sure its possible to scrape the paint off and get to the vin..

Thanks Demo. Well guys I've been thinking about this all day and I have decided to say FFFF the man. It will be a while before I will even be able to think about riding anyway and it's just going to be sitting in my garage so I am going to continue the build and hopefully find a titled frame before I am totally done.

Hey bud before you go off just throwing it together, there is a guy in New Castle, PA which I don't think is all that far from you, that sells Blaster parts like crazy. He has titled frames for like $150.

Hey bud before you go off just throwing it together, there is a guy in New Castle, PA which I don't think is all that far from you, that sells Blaster parts like crazy. He has titled frames for like $150.

Happen to have any contact info. Not sure where New Castle is but I can get to Pittsburgh in a out 3.5 hrs. I will take a drive if I can get one legal.

Who is this...? I live in new castle. :-/
I can go check it out for you stabor.

Do you know what the numbers were before you sanded them off? If you do, why can't you just stamp them back on the frame? They make number and letter punches.

I do. There are a couple problems with doing that. 1-It is technically illegal in Ohio to do that. Only the mfg. or the State Patrol are allowed to do it. 2-I never got a title with this frame. I was under the impression that I could file for a Self-Assembled title with the Bill of Sale but was told by the State Patrol Inspection Office that I cannot. So I have the option of building with this frame and riding private land only and having the chance of losing it if it ever gets checked. Or finding a titled frame to avoid these "potential" issues.

And I thought Pa laws suck! That's crazy- have ay tried a piece3 of paper over the frame and a pencil? Or some acid test like they do on CSI, when they have a gun thats has the numbers filed off!

And I thought Pa laws suck! That's crazy- have ay tried a piece3 of paper over the frame and a pencil? Or some acid test like they do on CSI, when they have a gun thats has the numbers filed off!

Na...It came off smooth. It was bare metal. Wheels are spinning in my head though. All I need is a title and a 12" piece of frame tube. Hell of a lot cheaper to ship....

you can heat it up alittle bit and it might bring them up so you can see them but not too much heat. I know here in MO you can apply for an abandon title it takes like a month and 60 bucks check and see if you can apply for one (call local police first and have it ran to make sure its not stolen) and if you can grab a stamp set restamp the vin (i know its illegal but no one needs to know) like it was and if in the off chance they send someone out to check the vin and they ask just say thats the way yamaha did it whos to say otherwise.