Found One!!! '99 Blaster it is!

Sonia_69

Jun 6, 2011
Iowa
Alright so I ended up finding yet another blaster for my lil sister :) $450 and the guy even delivered it to me, drove 1hr 30mins!!! Was one of the nicest ppl I have ever met!!

So heres the good, titled and registry up to date, aftermarket exhaust (not sure what it is yet...) new axle, new 9" wheels, raptor 660r hubs (so he said, they are not stock blaster hubs I kno that!) brand new holshots, 3" wheel spacers on the front and the back, DG front bumper, good plastics, oil has been blocked off, aluminum Alba gas cap, and new aftermarket handlebars.

now heres the bad, seems to need a new piston, rings and prolly a bore, cuz theres lil to no compression, carb doesnt have that clear triangle gas drippy thing, not sure if it needs one but my other blastys haveone so Im assuming it does....? seat has small tear, needs new filter, has a K&N in it now, think thats all...... for now at least!!

Bottom end does shift through gears and I can kick it over but since the compression is so low Im sure I prolly couldnt get it to start, tried alil but was afraid if I did somehow my nieghbors would be pissed!! Lol

Heres some pics

019.jpg

IMAG1051.jpg

IMAG1049.jpg

IMAG1048.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

017.jpg

I wish i ran across deals like that where im from im on Craigslist everyday most times multiple times a day and i can't find no deals like that

good score !
what is this "clear triangle drippy thingy" you speak of ????
posted pipe suggestion in that thread

That pipe and the silver cylinder.....

You may have scored big time Sonia.... that could be a vito's BBK and matching fat bastard pipe. The only way to tell for sure is to pull the head off but you're probably going to anyway with low compression.

good score !
what is this "clear triangle drippy thingy" you speak of ????
posted pipe suggestion in that thread

im thinking the splash gaurd in the carb bowl?

That pipe and the silver cylinder.....

You may have scored big time Sonia.... that could be a vito's BBK and matching fat bastard pipe. The only way to tell for sure is to pull the head off but you're probably going to anyway with low compression.

dude i was thinking the ssame thing, mega score!!

@Awk - the triangle thingy is the clear peice that has a gold color thingy inside it, is supposed to be in the middle of the fuel line that runs from the petcock to the carb???? Look at pic #5 above see how there is just a straight shot from the petcock to the carb???? Do you know what I mean?......

@Civic - Yea I noticed the cylinder was not black...... Just thought that maybe someone like sandblasted it or something...... ? Does Vitos BBKs all have silver cylinders? Though if so that would explain the huge header ( fat bastard? Lol) and if this is a BBK are parts gonna run me quite a bit more?? The guy said he thought the motor was completely stock but he only had it a couple months before this summer so.... He also said he could easily pop a wheelie in 3rd gear on this thing! Is that normal?? Havent tried it on mine so i have no idea...... ?

Also if it is a bbk then why in the hell would they put that funky scooter? silencer on it???

Im tearing into it tonight an will take an post pics of everything thats inside, I kno you guys can prolly tell me what it is :)

Ah, you are talking about an in-line fuel filter for your carb... a couple bux at any MX shop and not stock

Not a BBK though (unless it is a re-sleeved stock cylinder) if you look really close at the cylinder on the pics it still has the 195 stamped into it...

But still a good score .... now get that thing goin

Thanks Beats for clearing that up! :) Though next question is if that header is a fat bastard is it too much for my stock motor????

Thanks Beats for clearing that up! :) Though next question is if that header is a fat bastard is it too much for my stock motor????

Don't quote me on that, it just looks awfully like the expansion chamber for one with a scooter silencer ...
Still, if all you need is a top end to get it running, you got a good price, so don't stress it or anything...pretty much any pipe will be better than stock and as stated you can always start tinkering with it down the line once it's runningI:I

@prime - Ok, you are right it should have the Y-1 or Y-2 on the intake, and I just found out that vito's indeed stamps the 195 although that is extremely weird .... (man I hate admitting when I'm wrong...arrrggghhh) score for you though Sonia ... and then it would make sense to have that expansion chamber ...

Last edited:
Ah, you are talking about an in-line fuel filter for your carb... a couple bux at any MX shop and not stock

Not a BBK though (unless it is a re-sleeved stock cylinder) if you look really close at the cylinder on the pics it still has the 195 stamped into it...

But still a good score .... now get that thing goin

The vito's 12 port Big bore kit still has 195cm stamped in the side. It does not, however, have that VVV.

That IS a BBK. There is no "Y-1" or "Y-2" on the side of the cylinder.

Good eyes young padawan...

Sonya, I believe that is a big bore kit. If so, pistons are a kind of a pain in the posterior to find when it needs a re-bore AND there are only 3 oversizes available.

My vito's BBK will pull a wheelie with no clutch play in 4th gear with a stock swingarm. The stock carburetor, however, is starving that engine for flow if it is a big bore kit...

If this is bound for a "newbie" you'd be better off to pull that pipe and top end off and put something a little more "tame" on it. She'll end up getting hurt trying to get the hang of that clutch with power on tap.

@ the_mrs - Yes this blaster is for my lil sister, well she 20yrs old, but havent done much riding at least with herself in control so since this is a BBK I will indeed be pulling the pipe and topend off and more than likely putting in on my boyfriends blasty, he is power and speed hungry it seem so this will b cheaper than buying him a banshee! Lol I will just swap topends, though will have to get new piston and rings for both prolly.....???? And will need a new carb for it also it seems...... Suggestions on what route I should go on the carb for this possible bbk?

And the silencer doesnt really matter right? I can run it with that fat bastard pipe?

Also anybody have an idea how he low compression, or blew the top end? He said he was riding wide open in 6th gear and heard it go out, down shifted to a complete stop amd took it home where it has sat for alil while, he was gonna fix it but no time and now needs room for other projects.

if it still turns freely, i'd say he fried a hole in the piston from either an airleak, or starving it for fuel from that stock carb and running wide open in 6th for an extended period

and also....check with ken oconnor, he has direct connections to the bbk pistons if you cant find one on your own