Fmf sst exhaust

Budget_Blaster

Dec 25, 2009
Illinois
I came acsross a guy locally who was parting out a blaster and did some trading but ended up with a complete fmf sst exhaust setup how much better are these setups thsn the fatty i had before?

Will it be a good setup on this 240 when i get it back together?

i would think the fatty is better only because i had one... back together?? what happend i thought it was running? thought about selling both and getting a f7 or cpi?

Last edited:
im not sure on if it would be better or not from what i hear it is.
why not sell the fatty and the sst and get a vitos or cpi.
a big bore pipe on a big bore setup so crazy it might work

Because i got it for next to nothing and if nothing else ill hold on to them for future quads.

I plan to actually get the dyno port setup but i just put a vortech supercharger on one of my GT's and it set me back a bit so i figured since the price was right on the sst id run it for now over the fatty but would like to know any info you guys may know about the sst.

I'm pretty sure the SST pipe is more of a low-end pipe than the Fatty. That being said, I've run a Fatty and it already pulls well on the low end, so I think the only thing you're gonna gain by switching over to an SST is even more bottom-end torque.

actually quite the opposite the sst is a lil more mid-top than the fatty. only thing more low end than fatty is stock and dg(still stock)

that would be cool. there has been threads on that before so i think that will help some people out. i just sold my fmf fatty and switched to a paul turner. when i get my top end back i will post a full ride report

i run a fatty and SST turbinecore2. i woudnt be able to tell u guys the difference bc i bought the bike with it. one thing i kno is that the SST silencer is supposed to be quieter and longer than the powercore. i guess its good for the "forrest sound ordinance laws" or w/e. i repacked my pipe recently and theres this turbine thingy inside for the exhaust flow. looked prettty cool.

I had a fatty ... sst blows that pipe away....lol....unless you wheelie, that fatty pipe is A number one for wheelies... I think you can get a shorty but I don't think it was made to work with the sst

Yea idk that's how I got the bike. Fatty header and sst silencer. There was a huge gap between so I had use radiator hose to connect it. And I LOVE wheelies! I blew my rear caliper the other day doing them idk how

I have a friend that sell parts,exhaust,helmets and all thing that you need for your blaster and tell me that FMF SST is the best fmf version. i dont know if this pipe is a low end pipe or top end. but he told me that is the best of fmf and is a exellent pipe for circuits.

I know someone who had an FMF SST pipe and it seemed to be a mid-top pipe (sort of like a toomey B1), not a true top end pipe but certainly not a low end pipe either.

since we're into the pipes talk i have a question, my head that bolts into the motor has a exhaust leak. i changed the gasket ring thing but still leaks. i see the header goes into the sleeve thing and then bolts to the motor and thats where its leaking from. between that adaptor and the head pipe. am i gonna need to get that replaced? heres a pic. disregard the cement and glue all that has been removed and its an old pic. i was gonna JB all around it but i dont like doing sh*tty jobs
IMG_20110212_095533.jpg

since we're into the pipes talk i have a question, my head that bolts into the motor has a exhaust leak. i changed the gasket ring thing but still leaks. i see the header goes into the sleeve thing and then bolts to the motor and thats where its leaking from. between that adaptor and the head pipe. am i gonna need to get that replaced? heres a pic. disregard the cement and glue all that has been removed and its an old pic. i was gonna JB all around it but i dont like doing sh*tty jobs
IMG_20110212_095533.jpg

Your not supposed to jb weld that together ...It is supposed to be able to breath in that spot ... where is the spring that goes there... Did someone tell you you get more power that way....I'll tell you right now your going to keep a lot more heat in the engine.... And the sst pipe is good IN EVERY RANGE OF POWER FROM LOW TO HIGH..... http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/mac2mac2/scan0001.jpg http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/mac2mac2/scan0002.jpg This is not the chart for the blaster but its close...and it is a factory fatty which is the same but I didn't copy that page...The fatty has a spike in mid range which was good for wheelies and some other stuff not a bad pipe but not close to the SST

ok so theres SUPPOSED to a leak there? and whats the spring flange thingy for? i dont have that on mine, i never had it when i bought it. am i supposed to have it? if so where can i get it?
FYI i did rip all that JB off and glue a while ago