Fmf sst exhaust

My pro circuit pipe had a bit of splooge coming out of the joint between the adaptor and pipe. I put a thin ring of high temp silicone inside of the pipe and slid onto the adaptor.

No splooge problems since.

I thought the pipe acted kind of like the head gasket... But I'm probable wrong on that one too... i don't think anyone one is right about everything thats whats good about a forum.

Welcome everyone to the dumbest thread on Blaster Fourm. Staring Dumbass (mac2mac) co star and special appearance by a Black kid from North Carolina with the fastest blaster in the world...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome everyone to the dumbest thread on Blaster Fourm. Staring Dumbass (mac2mac) co star and special appearance by a Black kid from North Carolina with the fastest blaster in the world... YouTube - Worlds Fastest Stock Yamaha Blaster- North Carolina

i dont see how that vid had anything to do this with thread mac.. and whats up with the "black kid" thing? the "black kid" probably just really likes his blaster and just got it and i wouldnt doubt hes a teenanger.

Will you people stop with the teenager stereotypes holy crap. Were not all retarded know-it-alls. I've met adults 15 times stupider then any teenager I've ever met

Will you people stop with the teenager stereotypes holy crap. Were not all retarded know-it-alls. I've met adults 15 times stupider then any teenager I've ever met

Stereotype? It is true there are adults that's dumber than a rock but I don't get the point of ur comment neither. I wasnt stereotyping any1 I said "I wouldn't doubt he's a teenager" there's too much hostility in this thread..

Sorry about the black kid thing but how is this not the funnest blaster video you have ever seen? I don't care if it has anything to do with the thread. I know now the pipe is not going to let out any heat there but as far as it being 100 % sealed at the flange I still don't know why pipes leak oily sludge from that spot and why if you get stuck in a river how water gets in from that spot. I'm pretty sure thats the only spot it could have got in when I got stuck to deep. I don't think it came in from the carb side . and there was no water in the air box. I don't know and i don't care so no one yell at me.

yo idk wtf id up with FMF i just got the flange in and heres what it looks like. theres NO loop on the FMF flange neither. had i known that i wouldntve bought it! i called FMF and told them wtf! they said that the spring hooks in the bolt hole. i said NO bc its gonna leave a gap between the motor and the flange and plus the loop on the header doesnt line up to the bolt which will make it SIDE WAYS. he said i can drill a hole i said are u serious?!? what kinda company are u ppl??
IMG_20110321_113115.jpg
IMG_20110311_124320.jpg

Hey man, I'd post a pic if I had one of the FMF flange. Unfortunately, I sold my 2002 Blaster which had the FMF pipe installed. HOWEVER, here's what you do: You can indeed make the spring work without drilling or cutting on anything. None of the FMF flanges I have ever seen come with spring holes. Since you now have two flanges, throw one up here in the 'For Sale' section. People are always needing FMF pipe flanges, and you'll be surprised how fast it will sell.

Instead, you hook the spring from the loop on the pipe to the casting on the cylinder jug. If you look carefully above the exhaust port on your cylinder jug, you will see a metal strip running up the center of the jug. There is room behind this strip to hook your pipe spring. Hook it there; then use a spring puller or a pair of locking pliers to stretch the spring over to the loop on the pipe. Release it, and its a done deal. This method has always worked well for me. If the spring is too short, order a universal one from Bikebandit or elsewhere. Just be sure to measure the distance between the head and anchor on the pipe, and remember that exhaust springs don't stretch more than a few mm without requiring extreme effort. You'll need a spring a few mm shorter than the distance between engine casting and mounting loop.

Hope this helps! :D

i didnt see a hole in the jug when i had the pipe off but i'll give it a shot again. i started drilling a tiny hole in the flange and the steel is too hard and wont go any further than half way down. FML i wasted $ once again on another useless item just throw it in the blasters part box....