FMF Pipe

quadsrus1

Oct 4, 2011
Red Lion'PA
Hey im in the middle of buying a FMF Fatty from a member on here. I just want to make sure i jet right it should be around 270-290 correct? Also, how can i remove rust on a pipe and get it polished again?

Seems most folks are in that range with the Fatty, but mine ended up liking a 300.

im havving that same problem. ive tried a dremel with a wire brush. gets it off but idk how it will look when polished

The exhaust in my sig is painted and it looks good and i didn't even take my time on that when i take my time on the FMF it will be BEAST

I'd try brillo pads to get the rust off if it's not like covered in rust. Brillo usually cleans stuff up pretty nice. If that doesn't do the trick then I'd sand blast it, it'll clean the rust out & prep the surface to be primed & painted.

well good doin bussinees man thanks for buying tha fatty bro. rep your way and would like some in return bro.

Sand the ish outta it, medium and fine(metal paper) then use denatured alcohol. Once cleaned up paint it with high heat black header paint, it will come out great and last forever. Forget trying to bring back the "shine", it's gone, not worth it. My $.02...

As far as jetting, pull the airbox lid, add a UNI, and your main should be about a 280-290, be sure to plug chop.
It will RIP!!!

Also BBQ paint works very well!!!And as long as you dont mind flat black its damn near unable to burn off.I use it on headers you dont see since i dont like flat black.Did a set of long tubes on a 82 s10 with a 388ci stroker and my buddys got the truck now and they look just as good today as they did 5yrs ago.

Its cheaper than engine paint and will outlast it 10 folds.If you want it shiny buy a high temp clear coat and go over it.