FMF Exhaust Pipe Question

BigBlasterd

Jul 30, 2009
Illinois
The flange that connects to the pipe from the engine the expansion pipe dosent touch the engine it is about 1/2 an inch away and is tight around the flange. Is this normal?

When its leaking then you have an air leak (i assume leaning it out?)...... I could be wrong about that though, so let someone else answer....

Heres some quick pics.... I dont have any of it connected but trust me its tight on there!

Attachments

• 100_2849.jpg
    100_2849.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 100_2850.jpg
    100_2850.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_2851.jpg
    100_2851.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 348
i dont have my camera with me right now and i got another question to. I was riding along and all the sudden i hear a POP just like a 4 stroke backfire and i let off the gas and it died and it now only has 30pounds of compression. Can u predict what happened and if it is going to cost me a fortune?

its time for a top end rebuild, most likely from running lean. has it been rejetted for the pipe? do you always warm it up before ripping on it?. get yourself a ratio rite mixing cup, makes life easy. you're looking at 200-250ish to put it back together the right way.

honestly idk because i didn't want to tear everything down but i guess now i dont have a choice=) i am almost positive it is because it ran really good before. What is the highest the stock cylinder can be bored to?

just go as big as you need to to fix it. you don't want to waste bores. there's no more power to be had

Hey I have an FMF system I bolted my flange then pushed the FMF pipe on onto it then used a spring and connected it to my frame so it holds tight. Did yours come with a spring??