flooded engine

Gibbo

Mar 1, 2017
Ok so after many problems with my vlaster I finally nearly have it right. It has around 143 psi. I got a second hand engine with a vitos 240. Put it in my own frame wires it all up and it started first kick left it ticking over for a few mins shut it off and I seen gas coming from the carb. Now it won't start as I'm pretty sure it flooded itself with has. I took out the spark plug and it was shooting out gas and plug was really wet. Still Not firing up although I can hear it trying to. Any experts here know how I can get the fuel out? I have a new carb on the way also.

pull the pipe off completely from the cylinder, turn fuel petcock off and drain carb, leave plug in so it builds pressure but unplug the wire so it won't fire, hold throttle wide open, and kick until your leg is sore to evacuate the fuel laying in the crankcase out the exhaust port. you can also pull it behind another quad in like 4th+ gear if you don't like a sore leg :)

pull the pipe off completely from the cylinder, turn fuel petcock off and drain carb, leave plug in so it builds pressure but unplug the wire so it won't fire, hold throttle wide open, and kick until your leg is sore to evacuate the fuel laying in the crankcase out the exhaust port. you can also pull it behind another quad in like 4th+ gear if you don't like a sore leg :)
Thanks man. Appreciate it. If that doesn't work any other way?

Thanks man. Appreciate it. If that doesn't work any other way?

only other way is to tear it apart :(

edited above post to include..... hold throttle wide open

Could I not take of speak plug and turn the motor upside down ?
So after taking the pipe off I put the bike upside down with the exhaust port facing the ground. Immediately I could see the fuel coming put and after about 15 mins I tried to start it again and went right up.