First car?

Id love to give you some suggestions, but I know nothing about those cars....

I would suggest something a little more "16 year old proof"

Before this turns into a HUGE fight, civics can be nice. Im talking wheels, lip kit, and lowered. Not huge body kits, ricer lights, HUGE spoilers and 22 inch rims. My good friend just bought a 2000 Honda Civic SIR from canada. It is mint! And it is one sexy car. As far as civics, he knows what to do to them, to make them nice, and not rice. Hes had about 4 of them, ill post some pictures. As far as other cars, I bought myself a 1996 nissan 240sx. Alls i plan on doing is, aem short ram intake, front lip, dropping it on some coil overs or maybe just springs till i get some more dough and then some nice 16 inch wheels. Classy but sassy.

The 1st car is ALWAYS A huge deal ! ! Something you will ALWAYS remember !

Man that great that you are able to spend $3000 on it.... Mine I spent $250 on a 75 Chevy truck 3/4 ton haha....

Enjoy the shopping for it... Thats half the fun... the other half is personalizing it (add-ons)...

Enjoy!!! Im actually excited to see what you end up with ! !

My friends civics he owned... and his SIR
23548_1284579486452_1589083061_30685177_948027_n.jpg

76861_1564789891537_1589083061_31318902_2675390_n.jpg

And my bro drifting in his 240...
n1394614532_30151599_8560.jpg

Ill post some of mine shortly.

all i can tell you is to stay away from dsm's. i had a 97 talon, and my brother has a 93 eclipse, and they are both the least reliable cars i have ever seen. i now have a 93 integra. payed $800 for it to use as a pizza delivery beater, and it has been the most reliable car i've ever been in. honda is where its at if you want an import man, just keep the oil changed and go.

blasterboy, those are some sweet civics. i'm not a tuner guy at heart, but i always loved lowered honda's without gay body kits and sh*t on the 16" rims

I personally like Hyundai Tiburon's. Some people say they're girl cars or whatever, but I think they're nice. If you dig around long enough and be patient, you should find a 2003 for around your price. 2003 - 2008 are the nicest, but older ones aren't horrible either. Very tunable.

im liking the 240, but a civic is out im sorry lol, yea im gunna sell the 400 when the time comes so that probably 2000$, plus whatever i have in the bank. im leaning more towards an eclipse gst or along those lines. i was looking at vws too, maybe a vr6. but ive heard the 2.0s last forever

STAY AWAY from eclipses. They're time bombs as myusername said. There is guy on honda-tech and his civc was his daily driver. All he did was change the oil every 3000 miles. His tach reached 999,999 and reset back 0. That motor was stock from factory! Hell just this summer we rallied a civic in my friends wood. The shifter got stuck in park but theres a key lock switch, so i worked my magic and got it up and going again. Before i fixed the problem we thought it was screwed so we had little to no motor oil in the car, the radiator was practically gone and then i threw a cinder block on the gas pedal. It redlined for about 11 minutes before it got annoying. IT DIDNT EVEN BLOW UP.

blasterboy, those are some sweet civics. i'm not a tuner guy at heart, but i always loved lowered honda's without gay body kits and sh*t on the 16" rims

Yeah they are. I love that 4 door. He sold it last year though X(
Like i said, they look only if done right. Kids/mexicans/adults, ect, ect give them extremely bad names because of what people do to them!

If you can find one, there is not much on a vw bug that you cant replace for under $500.. blow a motor? blow a tranny? the entire front end... hit that tlelphone pole that jumped in front of you? a sawzall and a bajabug kit (under $500) and your good to go...

my bro got his first car when he was 17 he is 25 now and has had over 70 cars , its pure stupid new car every month (they were all tunners)

like i said, i had a 1997 talon. same as the eclipse with a different name. burnt oil like a champ, and every other day another sensor went bad. it handled well, but there was always something wrong with bushings or suspension parts. every time you'd fix one thing, two other issues would pop up. my brother has a 1993 eclipse right now, that he's trying to sell. it is the cleanest body 1st gen dsm i've ever seen. it was owned by an old guy, its non turbo, and as soon as he got it he had to replace a tranny. and its a 5 spd so it should last forever. and as soon as he got the tranny in, now every time you start it its like a fog machine because the engine is done. plus i know about 3 other people that had 2nd gen eclipses, two with turbo's and one without, and they all had tons of issues

i had a supercharged vr it was awesome...not very reliable but when it ran....it ran!!! had a 87 16v gti....
my 87
DSCN0539.jpg

my vr
RSCN0512.jpg

RSCN0522.jpg

i've always been a fan of the jetts's and some of the other vw's.
here is a pic of my p.o.s. talon i used to have. i thought it looked pretty good. i bought it with those rims so dont flame me for that plus its not a very good pic with the blaster right there
talon.jpg