F7/ power pros pipe

Unstock240

Oct 7, 2008
mid Ohio
I ordered a Factory 7 pipe. It seems like its more of a mid range pipe, but works better with more power like BB and such. My question is will still notice a decent power gain with the stock jug until I get a BB later on? I do have boost ports and some port work i did that really improved flow also, so its not quite stock.

After adding an F7 and getting it jetted properly the difference was VERY noticeable. It hit much harder when getting on the pipe. Totally different quad and really makes you want to upgrade the suspension asap.

i'm running an F7 with a stock jug. yes there is a great power gain. this pipe has an unbelievable powerband range. you're not going to be dissapointed

got from factory7atv it cost almost $340 shipped. I wanted cheaper but nobody was selling that pipe anywhere cheaper. I basically chose it because the entire powerband is better. If i smile when I first hit the gas, then i'll know it was worth it.

got from factory7atv it cost almost $340 shipped. I wanted cheaper but nobody was selling that pipe anywhere cheaper. I basically chose it because the entire powerband is better. If i smile when I first hit the gas, then i'll know it was worth it.

its same pipe as power pros ,they are cheaper http://www.thepowerpros.com/images/yamaha-blaster.jpg
as far as will it work on your DIY porting ,what is your port timing set at ?
it will probably have a peakyish narrow powerband on a stock port layout

I Made up a shim under the gasket to align ports better with the piston. Cut down the big divider between the intake ports and sharpend. I added boost ports. Around the transfers sharpend them up. I didnt change of any of the dimensions I dont want to screw it up too bad. So its basically stock but cleaned up better.

Well as you can see im only 19, just trying to get some free power from what I quickly researched. I am ready for a new jug anyway with quite a deep score, and 2 broken fins. Overall what I did was really noticeable. When I get my 240 I will have it professionally ported though. Yea under the base, probably not beneficial unless you have the head redone to compensate.

i know the guy is great at 2stroke theory port mapping and whatnot but your robbing peter to pay paul any benefit you have by using a spacer to get the openings @ BDC to come in is lost in the head clearance ,it only increases the squish clearance further for m the target number you should be shooting for and doesnt change the blowdown because it raises the transfers and the exhuast ,makes much more sense to do it right and simply lower the transfers ot match at BDC and set transfer exhaust heights accordingly for the given pipe ,to this day i dont understand how a household name like rick kermil(macdizzy) has ,would represnt such crude porting on the net like that