F this blaster!!!

bundyho1

Dec 29, 2007
Rustburg,VA
I went and took carb off and cleaned the carb,everything was really clean,no jets looked stoped up.But still cleaned with carb cleaner and blew air through the jets.The main jet is too lean.It was a 230 main !!The float seamed to be ok also.Put everything back on and it just doesn't start right, and doesn't run right..almost like a "flooded" type feeling.I guess ill have to wait another week before im able to fool with it again,Im not off from work until next weekend..:(

???

Main's a 30? It says you have a dyno kit on?? That fmf NEEDS a bigger main. If it was run much you probably smoked the rings. Check the compression.

A

Yea i checked com. it was 120psi.I guess not that great and not that bad.They lied ,no jet kit..I ordered a 310,300,290 and 280 main jets.It wont run from s... So i ordered a TORS kit. also .Any ideas?
I had no idea i would be spending this much time and money in this thing so early.

TORS???

Ditch the tors. 120 will run. Stick the 310 in and see how it does. Too rich is a far better problem than lean. I think it will run fine there.

These are constant maint. if you run them. It's mostly little stuff once you get it tweaked in.

Luck

A

i run the stock jet in my carb and i put a fatty on mine and it runs great but if i put a larger jet it dosen't run good so i just steped the needle down so i bought the dyno kit what main jet should i put in it?? please before i blow it up i haven't ridden it yet with the new pipe so could you help me out to

DXP 220 with FMF,also 2 turns out with the air screw.
If you remove the air box lid use the DXP360 2 turns out on the air screw.
Thats what it says on the web site.I know because i checked when i thought i had the kit...