Extended Swinger

2StrokeFTW

Feb 18, 2009
Scottsdale Arizona
I'm looking to lengthen my Blaster a little i'm thinking +2 but idk? what exactly will I need to do this correctly. I'm kinda on a tight budget so I dont wanna drop like tons of cash on this. List me some stuff and links if possible thx guys!

Here is a link to how some are doing theirs,but if you take your time and plan it out, you can have one that doesn't look like you have added anything to the swingarm.

You didn't post a link. I too am wondering this. Like how much longer of a chain do you need for +2 +4 etc. What brake cables you need too. I have alot of handy friends with welders so I would just have them do it for next to nothing. Thanks!

You didn't post a link. I too am wondering this. Like how much longer of a chain do you need for +2 +4 etc. What brake cables you need too. I have alot of handy friends with welders so I would just have them do it for next to nothing. Thanks!

here is a link to the ones yb and 2k do, since its your own you would be able to spend as long as you want making it. i have seen them lengthend in other places but this spot seems best.

http://www.blasterforum.com/advertising-22/r-d-custom-swing-arms-20036/

we charge 120 to extend your swingarm whatever length you want.....as far as the chain and brake go....you can get any size 520 chain on ebay for around 25 bucks....what i did what bought a 118 link and made it shorter to what i needed...and the motion pro +4 shorty rear brake if i remember right on my +4 it had maybe another 2 inches to spare....

hope this helps ya out and good luck

we charge 120 to extend your swingarm whatever length you want.....as far as the chain and brake go....you can get any size 520 chain on ebay for around 25 bucks....what i did what bought a 118 link and made it shorter to what i needed...and the motion pro +4 shorty rear brake if i remember right on my +4 it had maybe another 2 inches to spare....

hope this helps ya out and good luck

I got the +4 shorty brake cable from yb and there is still room to spare.
The only thing is you'll lose your rear parking break other than that it works perfect.

102 link for a +3 swinger and 106 links for a +4 swinger.

102 link for a +3 swinger and 106 links for a +4 swinger.

i would still order a longer chain and cut it to the length you need
I tired to measure out how many links were in 8 inches (+4 swinger but the chain wraps around for + 8 chain) and get a chain how ever links i needed, something like 110 and it was still to short

i would still order a longer chain and cut it to the length you need
i tired to measure out how many links were in 8 inches (+4 swinger but the chain wraps around for + 8 chain) and get a chain how ever links i needed, something like 110 and it was still to short

longer the better that way you know for sure you got enough

Those are the correct measurements for those size swingers.If you need more than something is wrong.Order all you want and then spend time cutting it.Or order the correct size and install when it comes in.Hell buy a 220 link chain,atleast you'll know you have enough.