Extended Swing arm

puner77

Oct 19, 2008
I would like to put a extended swing arm on my blaster. i want to know what you guys think of a +3. would it make a diff in the look. and would that be good for coal hill climbs. and what is a good site with blaster parts that look good and a good price. thanks

I have a +4 Swinger and look my my quad. It makes it look alot different. Also, yes its longer so it will keep your front end on the ground better so you will be able to climb hills better.

thanks thats what i am looking for. i love the extended look. and nice quad

i was thinking ebay or something not sure yet. i could make my own i have a welder and i have welded for years now. i just get so busy i dont want to start the project and then have to stop. but i dunno i just might do it

I also have a +4 on mine. I picked it up of Ebay.
Swingarm extentions:
longer = less wheelies
Shorter = faster turns

^^ i like my shorty. the most i would ever go is +3. and thats only when my current cracked in like 4 places one, breaks lol.

I'm running a +3 round housing swingarm on mine. The round housing is more expensive, but alot easier to adjust the chain.

thanks guys lots a help. i will be doing more climbs then anything else. i think i will buy the +4. then i will take my stock one and try my hand at extended it. my welds are good so it shouldnt be to bad.

Does the longer swingarm make for a more plush ride? (shock aside) Or would just buying a better shock on the stock swingarm give me a less jittered ride?

A better shock is more of what you are looking for, You can get like a z400,ltz400,400ex rear shock, My cousin has ones, and makes a hell of a diffrence, and they are cheap, like 30-50 bucks if you look around on ebay. I dont think a longer swing arm is going to make your comfort much better regardless of shock, and if it does, it is probably only going to be a very slight feel, if you even feel it.

if you extend your own stock swingarm. be sure to extend it behind the shock mount and not in front of it. if you just add 4 inches of box steel in front of the mount you will lower the rear end of your blaster quite a bit and lose suspension travel.

theres an ebay seller called theswingarmshop that sells +4 arms for about $200 if you wanna do it the lazy way.

the swingarmshop is awsome. i know some memebers have had problems but i put mine threw hell, and its just fine.

remember if you going to extend it yourself, you have to make sure its square or there will be nothing but problems.