exhaust stud

greasemonkey

Jan 3, 2012
Kingsport, TN
ok so if theres a thread on this ive missed it cause ive already ran a search, maybe i just went thru them too fast if so im sorry. ok so i had taken my exhaust off and welded it to be a one piece exhaust. i thought it was a good idea. when i was putting it back on my blaster i didnt listen to my gut and i thought it would be ok to make that one last tightening turn on my nut..... haha.... and i stripped the stud. anyone know the thread type of these studs, i just dont see paying 4 bucks for it when i probably can get one from work for free i just need to know what the thread count is. thanks

ok so if theres a thread on this ive missed it cause ive already ran a search, maybe i just went thru them too fast if so im sorry. ok so i had taken my exhaust off and welded it to be a one piece exhaust. i thought it was a good idea. when i was putting it back on my blaster i didnt listen to my gut and i thought it would be ok to make that one last tightening turn on my nut..... haha.... and i stripped the stud. anyone know the thread type of these studs, i just dont see paying 4 bucks for it when i probably can get one from work for free i just need to know what the thread count is. thanks

Not sure of the size, but why not just take the nut with you to the store? Then you can size it yourself.

i think he means he welded the exhaust flange to the header??? cuz it would be impossible to put it back on if it were one piece front to back

i think he means he welded the exhaust flange to the header??? cuz it would be impossible to put it back on if it were one piece front to back

i dont think so......

quote: had taken my exhaust off and welded it to be a one piece exhaust. i thought it was a good idea. when i was putting it back on my blaster

lol

well i ran into that problem and luckily i noticed it before i welded. i actually just unbolted everything to where itd be loose on the blaster so i could turn it a little and get a better weld, im sorry for the confusion. and im cheap lol buying a stud is gonna be a last resort, i work inside eastman chemical company which has about 50 some shops inside it with any size bolt stud nut or anything else you could think of and if i can figure out what size it is i will know which shop to go to for the stud since there are so many. and one of the companys thatsupply us with bolts and nuts and such will give me one or two if i need them so im gonna take the nut there too but id rather not bother them for personal use if i can help it. i know this is a exhaust thread but what type of oil is a good oil to use, ive heard a lot about amsoil and i know they have a good name but they also have like 100 different oils and i dont know which one to get. i run a lot of trails but i am wide open every chance i get, ive been runnin poulan pro 2 stroke outdoor oil and havoline 2 cycle but i want a good oil instead of just whats easy to get.

well i ran into that problem and luckily i noticed it before i welded. i actually just unbolted everything to where itd be loose on the blaster so i could turn it a little and get a better weld, im sorry for the confusion. and im cheap lol buying a stud is gonna be a last resort, i work inside eastman chemical company which has about 50 some shops inside it with any size bolt stud nut or anything else you could think of and if i can figure out what size it is i will know which shop to go to for the stud since there are so many. and one of the companys thatsupply us with bolts and nuts and such will give me one or two if i need them so im gonna take the nut there too but id rather not bother them for personal use if i can help it. i know this is a exhaust thread but what type of oil is a good oil to use, ive heard a lot about amsoil and i know they have a good name but they also have like 100 different oils and i dont know which one to get. i run a lot of trails but i am wide open every chance i get, ive been runnin poulan pro 2 stroke outdoor oil and havoline 2 cycle but i want a good oil instead of just whats easy to get.

I do believe this oil is for weedeaters and chainsaws, you need an oil for air cooled motorcycles.:)

Yea haha but I haven't had any problems out of the poulan pro oil, it did smoke like a diesel truck when I romped on it haha.

Modern day Motor cycle engines, which are air cooled call for an oil designed for them as they are subject to varing tempatures, which causes differences in expansion and contraction.

Weedeater oil is designed for fan forced, ducted air engines, which run at a nearly constant temperature.

Although you have suffered no problems to date, I do feel that your motor would thank you for choosing to use the correct type of oil.
:)

Modern day Motor cycle engines, which are air cooled call for an oil designed for them as they are subject to varing tempatures, which causes differences in expansion and contraction.

Weedeater oil is designed for fan forced, ducted air engines, which run at a nearly constant temperature.

Although you have suffered no problems to date, I do feel that your motor would thank you for choosing to use the correct type of oil.
:)

Said with such a nice Aussie accent! And so true!!! I:I

so is there a good place to order yamalube or amsoil. the local yamaha dealer is out of the question cause the guys a f****ng crook. he waanted 14 bucks for a stock ngk plug for my blaster and 55 for a oem replacement airfilter. and i didnt think about the varying tremps in my blasty affecting the oil, thats a good point thanks for the help guys look forward to learning more from you all

I used the yamalube 2t & 2r and now use the motul 2t. Just use any of these (or the previously mentioned) good oils that are easily accessable to you. Fug the dealer and that d!ckhead ripping you off for plugs and more....use ebay or CL or whatever online service for your supplies if you can't find a local source.