excessive smoke!

J

jdmls88

I have a 2000 blaster no mods and I feel its smoking way too much. I know 2 strokes smoke but this seems almost too much. I basically leave a trail of whitish/blue smoke behind me as I go through the trails. Any ideas? I use yamalube and havent noticed oil out of the silencer.
Thanks!

what ratio are you mixing your oil at? Or do you have the stupid oil injector still on it?

you may have blown a crank case seal, but i would think you would notice power loss too. (not sure on that someone more exp. can chime in on that part)

But really, more smoke is better than no smoke. at least its getting oiled properly.

Get ride of the oil injection and premix it 32:1. Even if it doesnt stop the smoking, its still good to get ride of the sh*t. What kind of oil are you using? Ive used cheap oil before that smoked more than the good stuff.

Use Super M racing formula 50:1 it's a smokeless oil. thats what i use when i race same mixture to.

how much more hp will it give you if you block off and the reason i dont do it is because i'm to lazy to mix my gas

mine really smokes on a cold start up, (every 2 stroke does actually) but after it warms up, little smoke at all

I have the injection hooked up, and I will not mix gas for this thing

Removing the oil injection doesn't add hp. People take it off because they don't want it to stop working and blow up the engine. It uses a little plastic gear that over time wears out and stops pumping oil to your engine. No oil, no lube, boom. blasterman312, you should do it for yours, as your blaster is already 16 years old.

Removing the oil injection doesn't add hp. People take it off because they don't want it to stop working and blow up the engine. It uses a little plastic gear that over time wears out and stops pumping oil to your engine. No oil, no lube, boom. blasterman312, you should do it for yours, as your blaster is already 16 years old.

In my case its different, but you are right. My engine had to be changed out because of an oil loss on the crankcase, so I have a '92 block with '01 parts in it, but originally it had the 01 block with 01 parts, the mechanic rebuilt the engine for me, so for him doing it the second time around, he couldn't charge me again, its like a Rule of 72,....u know what I mean

Oh 2001s not so bad. Yeah your 06 should be ok for a while. I still have the injection on my 03, but not the 2000 or the 96. I don't trust them once there a few years old. I gotta do the 03 soon.

Yeah you might wanna get a oil block off kit cuz you dont want it to stop injecting oil, and mix 32:1, i dunno why 01blaster fread is mixing 50:1 thats a little over the edge!

Of course it does, just like they run better and have more power when jetted lean. If you don't mind rebuilding more often than its fine. Almost all the experts on here run 32:1 except for the ones that 25:1, the stock injection is like 20:1.

No need to remove the oil injection, the system is very reliable and delivers the correct amount if oil for a 200cc engine.

The only reasons that you need to pre mix is, if you choose to run a different oil ratio, you run an oil that is not injectable, or you cannot be bothered to observe cleanliness when filling the tank.

Some remove the injection system because they cannot be bothered to bleed the oil lines after a flip.

You may loose a little power if you decrease the oil ratio as there will be less oil to be thrown around to wash the piston and rings!

If you must remove the system mix at 32:1 or 25:1 depending on your style of riding.