Engine Seizure

Alot of this article refers to liquid cooled engines. Is all of this still applied to our blaster engines which are not cooled by water. just wondering.

Great stuff guys.
I just finished my 1st rebuild, eveything went smooth, the blasty fired on the 2nd kick.
Problem is, it has no power. It falls on its face when I give er gas. I checked the tors and it,s plugged in. Ran a compression test and only got 90lbs. could a ring be misaligned or something? Have only run for about 5 min total. Maybe the rings havent seated yet. I am running 91 oct with Sta-Lube @ 32:1. Seems to work good in my banshee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ok. Did the breakin cycle 3 times. When I get to the ride part, The thing wont stay running long enough to get going. It fouls the plug as soon as I put it under a load.
Dry the plug and she fires right up and will idle all day. As soon as I try to take off, the thing dies again. Air screw is at 2 turns out, filter is clean, only mod on this quad is the toomey pipe.
Whats next?

Thanks

just remember on your air cooled engine get it good and hot then run it across a alot of water it will cold seize on you a good 90% of the time.If it quits and you go to start it and seems a little tight but then starts and runs you have already scored your piston

Hi guys, I was riding my 02 blaster the other day and it seized up, so as normal Took it home to find the piston skirts have shattered and gone into the crank, so removed the piston cleaned out the whole crank housing and the crank was moving freely again, (vitos +3 crank) everything seemed ok, 5 days later a new standard piston arrived so put him in costing me 45 quid making sure arrows facing exhaust port etc etc, replaced barrel and head had more compression than usual everything sounded okay. So gone to start home started on second kick and ran for 20 seconds if that on idle by its self, after that I heard a metallic noise like what happened the first time and I've gone to turn it of and as I have it's shattered again and locked up. This after about 35 second running? So taken the head of again to find the exhaust port side shattered again! This is now 45 quid down the drain:(, could there be something doing this? The barrel was not scored in any way just piston shrapnel everywhere? I was thinking maybe my con rod is bent making it go back up on a angle causing it to shatter ? Would really appreciate a reply many thanks:):)

Last edited:
Welcome!!

Best to start a new thread for a new problem. Was the cylinder checked for out of round/taper? Or did you slap a piston in it and call it good? Or is this freash bore and piston? Either way it's Usually caused by to much piston clearance.

Rolled my my blasty at low speed when I flipped it over it and tryed kicking it it was seized up any clue what It could possibly be haven't had the time to tear it apart this is my first blaster so were do I go from here

May pay to start a new thread.

If the bike was laying on its side for a while maybe it got a gut full of gas and has fluid locked.