Engine roar is nice

The suspension is horrible on these things..

You sevral options in upgrading though.
1. you can go the expensive route and buy Elka shocks, the rear is 800 and the fronts are like 1200.
2. you can buy Works shocks..i thnk the rear is 500 and the fronts around 500-700 with ressies, and 300 w\o ressies.. Id say a used set of front works shocks with ressies can be had for around 300 used on ebay.. for the rear you can buy a 250r or a 400ex shock which both have ressies..but need some modifications to fit properly.. I myself put the 400ex shock on the rear..and the difference is night and day..and it only cost me 50 bucks.. The hardest part was making a collar for the upper needle bearing that fit over the stock blaster bolt, and through the needle bearing..the rest is easy.. I still need fronts so Im consdiering used works wit ressies..But as far as options go..thoese are probably your best bet..

also just so you know, other yamaha shocks might bolt up to the blaser, but you want to stay away from them because they suck just as bad..they may be a slight improvment..but nothing worth the time or money spent.. Go aftermarket if your gonna do it!

Dang

Leapin' lizard sh*t Batman!!! I can put 4 new Koni's on my car for less!!! What's the benifit of a resevoir?
I was thinking of maybe 800-1000 is all I can hope to put into this thing and that will be my x-mas and really irk the ol' lady. After a 240 and 3mm stroker, since about all of that has to be replaced (and might as well go a little bigger), I'm left with out much budget.

What's everyones favorite mods?

What should I stay away from?

I know about the opinions on Vito's, but hey, he's cheap and I'm not ride this thing hard and by the time my son does, it could use another rebuild.

I get into swing arms, then I gotta get a new chain, brake cable, etc.

Any good cheap mods for the suspension?

Throw me some ideas, gang!

A

Oh yea

What about dropping down to a 12 tooth front sprocket? I will probably never hit sixth gear where I am riding. I got 36 acres of mostly hilly area. I have a couple 100yd or so stretches, but I'm not looking for high end. I figured drooping a tooth will give some better nads on take off and better control on the hills. Man do I have some hills, btw!! I'll have her apart, again, this weekend and see if the lower end will need more than just a few big pieces. Hope the clutch is good, it felt mushy.

Any easy way to take the stator off? Can't get any of my gear pullers around it and obviously can't pry it.

A

Id do the 400 ex rear shock if you can make a new collar for the upper needle bearing, The ressi alows more gas in the shock which will result in cooler gas temps which will keep the shock performing well over long periods of riding, Trust me you want ressi's. As for mods, Id say do the 240 kit..try the 12t sproket, its only like 10-15 bucks.. Also maybe look in to some good wheel spacers to widen that thing, Power reeds would also help.. If 1000 is your budget..you wont get to far..I say you just spend what needs to be spent.. Forget about the old lady, No need to mention it..I mean seriously..you put aside a little money for this ting if you have your own biz.. put it on the company account haha!

PS how do u like the toomey? I was thinking LRD, but Im really starting to dig the toomey kit..

I wish

Heck, she's my admin. dept. I can't fart without getting crap.

Only have been on one good ride with a Toomey and it rocked. Sounded cool, but, diff. His quad had alot of other stuff, too. Only reason I know anything at all about these is from that bike. That was 10 yrs ago he got it, used. Still riding it and still putting parts on it, the Toomey was the latest I only rode it around the back yard. Probably could of built a fleet of the things by now with all the parts. I think it's a goner, going for a Raptor or something. He already sold all the spare parts, too. Figures. The Toomey replaced some "Fat" something, something and we both seemed to think it (the Toomey) was better.

We'll see what Santa can sneak down the chimney. I have a car project that get's all my extra cash, this was sort of a lark and something I figured me and the boy would have fun with. I'll probably sell some car parts and free up some cash.

A

BTW, thanks for the post!!!

Last edited:
BTW

Go here:
http://uscartool.com/

Scroll down to Andy's 1969 Coronet R/T and that's where all the money goes. You think the Blaster was a basket case!!!! I've been working on the R/T for about 6 months now. The owner of the shop is a friend and is letting me use his stuff and a bay. Couldn't do it without that rotisserie. So coming into the winter, my slow season, momma has a right to biotch about money.

Don't mean I have to listen...........

A:-D

Cool..Im really digging the Toomey, Id love to hear one but i dont know anybody with one.. I would have probly went with an FMF system but after reading up on the LRD and the Toomey and all the others..the Toomey kit seems like the exhuast that has almost won me over..

Also Im no stranger to the car game either..My other ongoing project...Which will be getting a T61 this winter..

strutbar.jpg

Im probly close to 20 grand in to this thing..I saved alot of money doing the majority of the fab work myself..But over the years the stuff adds up..

Yup..From what i understand, The toomey kit isnt as loud, yet the power delivery is still there.. I mean the LRD might have the upper hand..but the difference between the two is probably so minimal that it doesnt even matter..

Old, im not sure if i said or not, but for some cheap/free things, i have something posted in the DIY section called easy/cheap/free upgrades or somthin like that..so check it out and see if you dont have some of this sh*t already done man!

And Solo, did you ride your new axle yet?

No i have not..Iv been awaighting for a replacement A-arm that has been taking forever..Im hoping to go riding this coming weekend..

That's my baby

She is documented, pedigreed, and is restorable...........at the outer limits. She is my main love and hobby. The Blaster is just a side thing for the boy and me to have fun with. I do intend to have fun and effort in it. Just excuse the "money thread" as all my extra pennies, and I mean all of them go to the car. The scrap change is what I have to throw at this.

I have got some killer little cheap mods from you folks and am flat out gratefull and impressed.

I wish to thank all that have helped.

A

oh yea....

Thank you very much for being free with advise and all the things offered and posted. Is a credit to the net and the group. You have helped and seem to help more as I go along.

My deepest felt gratitude.

AI:I

LoL

Free? I never said my advice was free.. People pay top dollar for this info.. I would like my 50 dollar deposit now please.. Just send it to my Paypal! =))

lol! if we started charging then we would have this forum shut down from doing that. (don't want that to happen) oldfart that r/t reminds me of my dads challenger so many memories of fun with that car only got to drive it 3 times :(

my dad use to have a challenger, it was bada$$ i never drove it though