engine knock

I'm going to assume, after watching both videos, that you are talking about general engine noise and not predetonation. The video wasn't clear enough (the microphone isn't that clear and the camera wasn't held steady for any length of time either) to hear much more than a blaster sitting there idling with a few revs.

Air cooled 2 strokes are particularly noisy machines. There is a lot going on in there (despite how simple the engines really are) and engine noises aren't uncommon. Considering the sound quality on those two clips, I can't say it sounds abnormally noisy.

It's from my phone that's been dropped alot, ill do what I can to get a video camera that's not a phone

It's from my phone that's been dropped alot, ill do what I can to get a video camera that's not a phone

It sounded muffled like a cell phone camera mic. From what I could hear, it didn't sound abnormally loud. Maybe a little bit of extra noise, but certainly not a "death rattle" or anything.

What's the history on this engine? How many hours ago were the rings refreshed? Current bore size? Current piston to cylinder clearance? Piston brand?

When I got the quad its motor was in a milk crate, missing a crank an rod and crank berrings, I got a used crank, brand new crank berrings, new gaskit engine set, the piston is a stock 66mm stock bore, my uncle put the motor back together after telling me the top end was good but not close to new, not sure how many house, I found a gear oil leak yesterday in the crank case gaskit, so I was gunna have the cylinder bored 2nd over sence I gotta tear the motor apart, not if its good tho

I kno I deff need to redo the crank case gaskit

It sounds to me like you have a few "unknowns" here.

First off, did you check the crankshaft to make sure it was fit for use? There are specifications in the service manual (downloadable in the "general support" section of the forum)for checking out the crankshaft.

Good move with new bearings and seals. Don't chance it folks.... bearings are cheap, entire replacement engines are not!

You can either measure the cylinder to piston clearance yourself (if you have a few appropriate tools) or you can carry the cylinder to a local machine shop to have the current bore size measured. Once you know the current bore size, you can make an informed decision about getting it first oversized (.010" or .25mm) or not.

You either need to build or buy (member, slickerthanyou sells them for about what it will cost you to build one yourself!) a leakdown tester and use it every time the engine is cracked open.

It's a good policy and could save your engine later. It will also save you a LOT of jetting headaches later.