Engine dies

Alex

Jul 13, 2009
I was riding today, and i was going through a pretty decent amount of water and as went through a big puddle not nessisarly deep just to the point of it splashing up everywhere. i came out them my engine just dies just as if it stalled. this has happened like once before.
Once i got it started it still didn't regain its normal power and i had to keep my hand on the throttle a bit so it didn't die again. while i did that it was smoking lots.
but then after that its fine. so were could the water being in that itd cut out the engine? anyone have this problem before? its quite fusterating because i dont know were its getting in at. its got to be water too because it wont do it if im not riding in water or coming out of water.

sounds like there might be a wire or something that when it gets wet it cuts power, but once it dries it works again...idk

thats what i was thinking. or what about water possibly getting in the carb?

How deep was the water? just past the foot pegs? Or higher like up to the top of the motor? On mine, It did stall after going through water that was to the top of the motor figuered water got in the ignition wiring coming from the magneto. Which acts like a kill switch grounding the ignition signal.

its wiring for sure. do a check over your connectors and just electrical tape the sh*t out of all the lower ones at the engine. its probably grounding out partially, causing the loss of power and when it dies from water its just grounding fully and not alowing spark, depending on which wires grounding.

must be a wireing issue or water in the exhaust do you have that rubber clamp on where the 2 peices meet. but if the water isnt that deep its wireing i would go through and clean it all up and tape it or put new water proof connectors on it