Engin Blown

Cadeb

Sep 6, 2015
Blew up the motor, what steps should I take to get this solved I plan to upgrade to a 240 kit, and have it ported by @OConnor Racing I have the cylinder off and the crank covered so nothing gets in it. What should I do next?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
WOW! Nice piston. That sucker went lean and started to detonate.
Lets start by letting us know what you have done to the engine... in detail
Such as ...
1... What pipe?
2... What carb?
3... What was your jetting at?
4... What modifications?
5... Etc

I'm surprised if you didn't hear strange noises BEFORE that happened.
I'll bet without question that the top part of your connecting rod has turned blue and lost its heat treatment.
Any more photos?

WOW! Nice piston. That sucker went lean and started to detonate.
Lets start by letting us know what you have done to the engine... in detail
Such as ...
1... What pipe?
2... What carb?
3... What was your jetting at?
4... What modifications?
5... Etc

I'm surprised if you didn't hear strange noises BEFORE that happened.
I'll bet without question that the top part of your connecting rod has turned blue and lost its heat treatment.
Any more photos?
1 FMF Fatty
2 Stock
3 Main 260, Pilot Stock
4 V4 Reeds and a timing key is about it.

Based on a rough observation the base gasket was leaking air and made it very lean and melted the piston to the cylinder, with a little labor I managed to break it loose and remove it, I will post more pictures tomorrow.

Installation error. I see red silicone near one transfer port, and can see on other port evidence that gasket wasn't even covering base of cylinder. Was hanging into transfer port.

I've personally had those green paper gaskets suck into the transfers on 2 different engines.
no installation error required.

OEM or Cometic only = zero problems
I probably should've rebuilt it once I bought it, it ran like hell for a good year