E2S Sucks, Blasterforum Is So Much Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a disclaimer, theres always more to the story...

Moderators on E2s care about their members and the
2-stroke community in general. We don't sit around and
wait for members to screw up so we can smack them, but
if we are pushed then we will act.

I'm sure that the mods on this site will understand what
I'm saying.

Therefore I'm asking as one site mod to another that this
thread be removed. Its not good for either site. If there
is an issue with the decisions made on e2s then it needs
to be handled on e2s.

Thanks and happy riding!
Showtime

Heres my 2 cents on this whole thread and others alike:

I really don't care what problems anyone faces on other forums and I do insist you deal with them elsewhere. Although you will not get penalized for occasionally getting something off your back and to getting some sympathizers in the process, please know its still better taken care of privately.

In reply to Showtimes post:

First of all, you should have known better then anyone that these thing are better handled privately, but since you have already posted, I will also reply publicly.

Threads and posts are not ever deleted unless they are against the rules or there is a really good reason for that (Someones disagreement with it is not a good enough reason). In most cases a thread may be closed from further replies if a conflict gets out control and a thread becomes rude and tasteless.

I know there can always be exceptions to the rules and I did try to help you out. I took a look at some of your posts at e2s to see how you blasterforum related threads.
SHOWTIME at e2s said:
blaster forum is jacked in general...
not a big loss if it was to just go away
all together...
What I found out was not only were you not unbiased as a moderator and delete provocative threads/posts, but you are actually the one that creates them. Although your request may have seemed reasonable(especially if it was made privately), you do not seem to follow your own suggestions.

As a reminder to everyone, a thread is only as good as the replies it receives. If it is disliked, it will not receive any replies and therefore will disappear pretty soon. Therefore, if you do not like it or do not agree with something, do not reply to it if you want to see it go away. This applies to any thread on any forum, because arguing over the Internet will never resolve anything.

I really don't care what problems anyone faces on other forums and I do insist you deal with them elsewhere. Although you will not get penalized for occasionally getting something off your back and to getting some sympathizers in the process, please know its still better taken care of privately.

First of all, you should have known better then anyone that these thing are better handled privately, but since you have already posted, I will also reply publicly.

Threads and posts are not ever deleted unless they are against the rules or there is a really good reason for that (Someones disagreement with it is not a good enough reason). In most cases a thread may be closed from further replies if a conflict gets out control and a thread becomes rude and tasteless.

I know there can always be exceptions to the rules and I did try to help you out. I took a look at some of your posts at e2s to see how you blasterforum related threads. What I found out was not only were you not unbiased as a moderator and delete provocative threads/posts, but you are actually the one that creates them. Although your request may have seemed reasonable(especially if it was made privately), you do not seem to follow your own suggestions.

As a reminder to everyone, a thread is only as good as the replies it receives. If it is disliked, it will not receive any replies and therefore will disappear pretty soon. Therefore, if you do not like it or do not agree with something, do not reply to it if you want to see it go away. This applies to any thread on any forum, because arguing over the Internet will never resolve anything.

That was very well put, I wish that I could have written it.

I have seen this type of behavior on our forum as well and dealt with it in our own way.

As long as there is distance between two people there will forever be this crap. The internet is great at times and a pain in the ass at others. I hope we get back on track soon here.

I know there can always be exceptions to the rules and I did try to help you out. I took a look at some of your posts at e2s to see how you blasterforum related threads. What I found out was not only were you not unbiased as a moderator and delete provocative threads/posts, but you are actually the one that creates them. Although your request may have seemed reasonable(especially if it was made privately), you do not seem to follow your own suggestions.

Thank you for your response cbaber.
Although I do not agree with every thing that has been
said, It is your site to moderate as you see fit. As you
noted above I made a request, not a demand. I would
never presume to tell you how to run your site. As far
as it being stated that I over moderate, I would have
to say thats a matter of perspective. Blaster Forum is
relatively small in comparison, there will become a point,
as your forum grows, that you will understand the need
to take a more active approach on moderation. E2S has
friendships with numerous other thriving forums, but for
some reason, problems arise with Blasterforum. Hopefully
in the future this will be different.

Thank you,
Showtime

the downfall of large sites like e2s is that they become very clickish and full of high school drama as they get larger. it becomes very intimidating to new members at times and can actually hurt forum growth quite hard. i once worked a forum like that until it was bought out by verticalscope and turned into a advertising nightmare. at that time a bunch of us long time members spread out, found new small forums like this one and lived happily ever after without all the corporate greed and ads flying everywhere.

PS. Cbaber- PLEASE dont ever sell out to verticalscope. if you get contacted by them, i can direct you to many reasons as to why they are the ememy.

Thank you for your response cbaber.
Although I do not agree with every thing that has been
said, It is your site to moderate as you see fit. As you
noted above I made a request, not a demand. I would
never presume to tell you how to run your site. As far
as it being stated that I over moderate, I would have
to say thats a matter of perspective. Blaster Forum is
relatively small in comparison, there will become a point,
as your forum grows, that you will understand the need
to take a more active approach on moderation. E2S has
friendships with numerous other thriving forums, but for
some reason, problems arise with Blasterforum. Hopefully
in the future this will be different.

Thank you,
Showtime

Blasterforum is relatively small because its for Blasters... Reading all this is a fun way to waste a few minutes out of the day lol...

Once again BF running their mouthfull of BS. Dtek, don't play the innocent roll here like you didn't know any better.
Don't sit here and talk about the Admin when you never even spoke to him, I told you to be patient & Admin would contact you about sponsorship. You couldn't wait could you? Instead you jump over the guidelines and try to take another sales shot after previous warnings. There's no way were going to let you step over our E2S Sponsors toes. They work too hard for us, no way you can go in there & even think you can possibly get away with it. So you throw a biotch fit and come cry on your own forum, badmouth E2S too? Obviously you don't want to play fair & now you don't want to be there. You don't have to worry about coming back anymore, I did ya the favor and banned you! B-)

Once again BF running their mouthfull of BS. Dtek, don't play the innocent roll here like you didn't know any better.
Don't sit here and talk about the Admin when you never even spoke to him, I told you to be patient & Admin would contact you about sponsorship. You couldn't wait could you? Instead you jump over the guidelines and try to take another sales shot after previous warnings. There's no way were going to let you step over our E2S Sponsors toes. They work too hard for us, no way you can go in there & even think you can possibly get away with it. So you throw a biotch fit and come cry on your own forum, badmouth E2S too? Obviously you don't want to play fair & now you don't want to be there. You don't have to worry about coming back anymore, I did ya the favor and banned you! B-)

wow, how mature of you. banning someone because of something they said on another forum. that just goes to show the elitist attitude of mods on that forum. glad im not an active member over there as well, i can see that im not missing anything but a bunch of elitist pricks. i vote that all E2S staff be banned from this site. they obviously think their sh*t doesnt stink and their site is soooo much nicer anyways. so why keep them around when all they are doing is keeping the high school drama alive? so far, Paulie has been the only one showing the maturity and judgemtnt that moderators should.

Last edited:
wow, how mature of you. banning someone because of something they said on another forum. that just goes to show the elitist attitude of mods on that forum. glad im not an active member over there as well, i can see that im not missing anything but a bunch of elitist pricks. i vote that all E2S staff be banned from this site. they obviously think their sh*t doesnt stink and their site is soooo much nicer anyways. so why keep them around when all they are doing is keeping the high school drama alive? so far, Paulie has been the only one showing the maturity and judgemtnt that moderators should.

Actially, now that you mention it, I
do think I'm pretty amazing. So guilty
as charged. Might as well ban me now
and get it over with.

Just remember one thing, if you do
ban me then you will be one step
closer to becomeing the type of
moderator that you hate. maybe then
you will finally understand that we
take an aggressive approach for the
good of the site and the members, not
because it elivates our egos and makes
us feel superior, but because its the
right thing to do.

a moderator is not what we are, its who
we are...

my work here is done...peace out. B-)

Did you just not read the stinkin mess Detek313 (tjguthrie) created? Doesn't seem you really know what's going on even though you spent half the day on E2S yesterday! And he was on the forum last night too.. I don't get it being that this place is SOOO much better. His sales were politely moderated & he refused to follow forum guidelines. He brought this upon himself and brought me into this thread. Dtek started it, I finished.. That's how it went down and has nothing to do with you. Maturity? That was tossed out the window when this thread was created. What are you his wingman? This is his thread, let him stand on his own two feet and speak up for himself! The podium is yours tjguthrie!

i vote that all E2S staff be banned from this site. they obviously think their sh*t doesnt stink and their site is soooo much nicer anyways. so why keep them around when all they are doing is keeping the high school drama alive? so far, Paulie has been the only one showing the maturity and judgemtnt that moderators should.

i guess i fall in this banned category too ? im the earliest (oldest) active moderator on the E2S staff

well i'm not a mod but for fu*k sake let this one drop, and i am not saying this to just the e2s people but everyone. all of you have your points but be the better and more mature person and stop trying to get one up on each other, this is how forums get ruined for everyone. If you don't like a forum then don't go on it its that simple, e2s and BF are both forums that support blasters, other quads dirtbikes and 2 strokes etc, and because of that i don't get why we have to argue just forget about it everyone has their preferences but it seems to me that everyone is trying to prove that their forum is better, who cares just forget it and get on with your lives. Also that ban every e2s staff is stupid you could be banning people that could really help members on here.

I just think its funny that people from E2S came over here and made accounts juts to put their 2 cents in. I think the whole thing should be dropped. If you are part of another forum, who cares. people will always like one forum better then the other. it may be because the layout, how quickly they can find information, or maybe just becuase the forum is just for what they are looking for. give it a break!

hello everyone, It's my first post since I just joined.

Wow, Drama allready.. I don't know the history here but all I can say is why would someone from this site start a thread that would hurt its own site? Not unusuall but not smart either. TOS apply to any site, violate them and youll get delt with. Someone screwed up on the E2S got caught and now is unhappy and posted a weak topic here.

I wish my first post could of been an Introduction with a picture, I'll try it at
E2S. Seems like they have usefull info,members,admin's, and sponsors.

We never compared the sites and said anything about being better, take a close look & I didn't say anything about my forum being better. I agree on both forums being there to help out. If you look thru Paulie & Climb's posts you'll see we've helped out here too!
hello everyone, It's my first post since I just joined.

Wow, Drama allready.. I don't know the history here but all I can say is why would someone from this site start a thread that would hurt its own site? Not unusuall but not smart either. TOS apply to any site, violate them and youll get delt with. Someone screwed up on the E2S got caught and now is unhappy and posted a weak topic here.

I wish my first post could of been an Introduction with a picture, I'll try it at
E2S. Seems like they have usefull info,members,admin's, and sponsors.

You're more than welcome Sandblast!! Anytime!!

Status
Not open for further replies.