dt200 piston question

a dt200 top end will. But it will take some work. Youll have to run coolant lines and a radiator. And you will also need the stator from the dt200 to run the powervalve along with a 6 volt battery to power that powervalve.

here is macdizzys explaination about the stator and other electricals.

"The electrical system of the DT200 has quite a few not-needed-on-an-atv accessories that I quickly discarded. The side stand warning switch, relay and light were removed from the wire harness as were the pigtails for the turn signals and the flasher hardware. The horn and oil level switch were also removed. The wiring harness was whittled down to the basic components - the stator and flywheel, CDI, coil, regulator/rectifier, power valve control box and servo motor. These components were what was needed to run the engine. I was keeping the full function of the power valve so a small 12 volt battery would be added to the finished machine. I found the battery fit well within the tool pouch cavity built into the rear plastic if I made a small cut connecting the two compartments. The power valve servo motor also had to be mounted. Its two relatively short cables which are used to open and close the power valve drum need a fairly straight path to the right, top side of the upper cylinder in order to function properly. I fabricated two more small stays and welded them to one of the radiator brackets. Though the position I ended up with was not perfect it would do until I locate a couple of longer cables to actuate the power valve. Two new power valve cables about three inches longer each will allow me to locate the servo motor in a better location protecting it from water, dirt and debris. I spliced the wiring harness to be able to connect the Blaster's handlebar kill switch as well as the headlight switch. Its key switch will be wired to turn on and off the battery but is not right now."

It will bolt on, but you have to change the gear box and primary gear for running the water pump, or get a dt125 water pump. And u will need the stator, cdi and battery if you want to use the powervalve

A batteryless powervalve setup is a flyball governor connected to the crankshaft. YZ250's use this setup and it would be more complicated to adapt than putting a power supply on the blaster.

You COULD rewire your lighting coil and wire in a regulator/rectifier and battery circuit.

Thank goodness someone read my thread!!!

Yes the DT125L/C waterpump drive gear will mesh with the stock blaster primary.
If you go this route you need a DT200 waterpump seal, DT125 waterpump drive gear and the gear that meshes to it on the backside of the case, the stud/roller the gear fits on, 2 e-clips, 3 gear washers, and lastly need to mod your stock blaster case with a "weep" hole and a place for the water pump shaft. Or you can get a DT125L/C case cover or RD125L/C case cover and also buy a DT200R case 84-88. The gears from the DT125L/C clutch cover need to be swapped into the DT200R clutch cover. The DT125L/C clutch cover will not cover the blaster clutch basket.

Hey Awk, I've seen WAY too many threads about this. Do you want me to compile a list of all the sources and methods used to do this swap? We could sticky it.
Redline could help also, he knows more then me. If anyone is still confused just PM me. I'm not done with my build, but I did get it to run, and now it's back apart again for polishing. I don't want any "pics or fail" because I haven't started the polishing process.

The only thing that I am gonna say is the powervalve does make a difference on these bikes, and I wouldn't run it without it. I don't know where the heck people get the idea the powervalve makes no difference in this engine.

Hardest parts to find...
Powervalve servo motor Almost all are gone from the junkyards and very few work!,
DT125L/C case or gears
Water pipe
Water pump seal(yamaha in canada has a few)
CDI that works
Stator
Primary drive gear from a DT 200 if you go the redline swap way.

O and with the DT125L/C waterpump gears you can run the STOCK clutch basket and primary drive gears!

I would love to have a mechanical powervalve set-up. Some Brazilian company manufactured them for the DT200R for a couple years and then went out of business!

I'm still designing a "pro design" like head on solidworks, and with the help of a PE mechanical engineer(15yrs in the field) it's getting there. Just little time to work on it.

Also the battery elimination is easy....
Zeeltronic company that makes programmable Powervalve controllers and CDIs for the Banshee and RZ350, make a Battery elimination kit which is cheap and works for the DT200 as well.

Would say some kind of electric waterpump be feasable?
Also does anyone know how many teeth are on the gear of the dt125 waterpump?
is there anyways to check and see if its the same as a dt50 waterpump? they are a dime a dozen

It's not the same and I have 2 DT125 water pump gears. I'll make a sketch of it and scan it and sent it to you. Just PM me your email addy and give me a day or 2. The part numbers don't match for the DT50 and DT125L/C gear.

Yea an electric waterpump would work, just gotta make sure it's voltage draw is within the confines of the set-up you plan. If you run lights, radiator fan, and a pump with low electrical consumption you'd be fine. I'll look around and see if it's been done already.

Thank goodness someone read my thread!!!

Yes the DT125L/C waterpump drive gear will mesh with the stock blaster primary.
If you go this route you need a DT200 waterpump seal, DT125 waterpump drive gear and the gear that meshes to it on the backside of the case, the stud/roller the gear fits on, 2 e-clips, 3 gear washers, and lastly need to mod your stock blaster case with a "weep" hole and a place for the water pump shaft. Or you can get a DT125L/C case cover or RD125L/C case cover and also buy a DT200R case 84-88. The gears from the DT125L/C clutch cover need to be swapped into the DT200R clutch cover. The DT125L/C clutch cover will not cover the blaster clutch basket.

Hey Awk, I've seen WAY too many threads about this. Do you want me to compile a list of all the sources and methods used to do this swap? We could sticky it.
Redline could help also, he knows more then me. If anyone is still confused just PM me. I'm not done with my build, but I did get it to run, and now it's back apart again for polishing. I don't want any "pics or fail" because I haven't started the polishing process.

The only thing that I am gonna say is the powervalve does make a difference on these bikes, and I wouldn't run it without it. I don't know where the heck people get the idea the powervalve makes no difference in this engine.

Hardest parts to find...
Powervalve servo motor Almost all are gone from the junkyards and very few work!,
DT125L/C case or gears
Water pipe
Water pump seal(yamaha in canada has a few)
CDI that works
Stator
Primary drive gear from a DT 200 if you go the redline swap way.

What kind of servo does it use and how does it work?

Here in costa rica, we have a lot of those parts everywhere. Only the powervalve is hard to find, so we use a mechanical set up

your using a mechanical set up? anyway you can get me one of those and or show me what your doing??... i have a DT and the ONLY thing i need is that effing powervalve servo motor

the servo motor was discontinued as a OEM part about 5 years ago, so most used ones are scooped up

but anyway... guys, unless you live outside the US, good luck getting a complete DT motor.. i really think i got the last DT motor that will be for sale for awhile... they just are so damn rare