dt200 piston question

ok i know the DT motor is basically the same just water cooled and afew other things. my question is, are a DT piston and a blasters the same?

yes it is. theres a dude on the forum that has all the details on the motor. couldnt tell you who though:p

I personally wouldn't mind swapping a DT200 motor into a Blaster. It's powervalved and liquid cooled. I believe I saw specs somewhere and it was making 27hp stock......that's a full 7+hp over the YFS200 engine. I don't know what the port mapping is like, but still. You could afford to be more aggressive with porting since it has the powervalve or at least I would think so.

I personally wouldn't mind swapping a DT200 motor into a Blaster. It's powervalved and liquid cooled. I believe I saw specs somewhere and it was making 27hp stock......that's a full 7+hp over the YFS200 engine. I don't know what the port mapping is like, but still. You could afford to be more aggressive with porting since it has the powervalve or at least I would think so.

i beleive they make more around 35hp stock and blasters make like around 17 stock but dont quote me on that

Macdizzy did this swap and has a whole right up about it on his sight. I think the dt motor puts out right under 30 horses. And the idea of a liquid cooled, powervalved motor in a blaster just excites most.

/\/\/\ yep the cylinder, and he has the head also, along with a few other parts, but you need the servo, water pump and hose fittings, and the wiring harness at least for this to work, theres lots more to it than meets the eye, and the same power can be had with a good porting job and matching mods, for way less money and headache

/\/\/\ yep the cylinder, and he has the head also, along with a few other parts, but you need the servo, water pump and hose fittings, and the wiring harness at least for this to work, theres lots more to it than meets the eye, and the same power can be had with a good porting job and matching mods, for way less money and headache

i agree but think of a dt200 with some port work mabey stroker crank would be amazing :D

yes, but isnt there more potential for power gains since the stock DT pushes 31? i mean, if its already got what a maxed out blaster can get, what can the DT get too? although i do realise the blasters were made to be a beginners bike hence have tons of room for improvement. Im curious...anyone worked a DT?

yes, but isnt there more potential for power gains since the stock DT pushes 31? i mean, if its already got what a maxed out blaster can get, what can the DT get too? although i do realise the blasters were made to be a beginners bike hence have tons of room for improvement. Im curious...anyone worked a DT?

Probably not an enormous amount more. The DT200 also came with a 28mm carb from the factory so it naturally will have some more peak hp from that right there. However, the liquid cooling is nice and I would think theoretically, you could be more aggressive with the porting to get more peak power as the powervalve will help retain some of the bottom end that you would typically lose from the traditional YFS200 engine. At least, I would think....I don't really know since I haven't worked with modded powervalved engines. You can push a 240 kit in a traditional blaster engine....not sure how that works out with their cooling jacket in the DT200 engine. Either way, you can be more aggressive. A traditional 240 kit probably puts out 36ish hp. A DT200 could probably teeter around 40ish with a stock bore and still have respectable bottom end. Just hypothetically.

No experience here but most blaster and dt parts are swoppable. So I would love a dt200 motor on my blaster that is stroked and port with a redesigned and cut head. Add a f7, dynoport, or lrd pipe and a 35mm or so carb and you may have more than a weekend toy. Another thing macdizzy talks about is the gearing difference in the too bikes. He used blaster gearing with the dt motor and said there was considerably great low end and if needed you can swap some gearing with the dt's tranny to affect you low, mid, and high end pull.

the stock blaster has like 17hp, the dt is rated at 31.

they share a sleeve and piston. i really think a ported dt would be a great motor, but for the money you can have an LA sleeve bbk so it's hard to make that decision.

LA sleeve had a 240BB kit for the WR 200 and IT 200 in the 90's.. I wonder if they can put a 240 sleeve in the DT 200... A ported DT 240 may be awesome..