drilled rear brake rotor Q?

blaster82

Jan 27, 2008
hanover PA
would it hurt anything if i drilled holes in my stock rear brake rotor cause as we all know the rear brakes on the blaster just plain out suck and im tryin to think of an easy and cheap way to make them even the slightest bit better. i was gonna go for the curved hole patter if ya know what i mean. let me know if its gonna warp my rotor or kill my pads or anything. thanks guys and gals!!!

You will need a drill press, cobalt bits, and some spray oil.
Go slow and lube the bit as you drill.
No other bits will work!

i wanted to do that too. i was gonna put it on the bridgeport vert. mill at work and use either some diamond coated bits or the carbide boring bits. then i was gonna very lightly 45degree chamfer the holes. then do a light surface grind both sides.

thanks guys, im gonna try it and if it messes up then another rotor is only a few bucks. i have some cobalt bits and my buddy has a drill press so im gonna give it a go. thanks again guys. i appreciate the help

Drilled/Slotted rotors are VENTED, they DO NOT! cool, in fact IF you need them they run HOTTER!!!!!! the vents are to let the expanding gasses escape that cause brake fade under EXTREME braking conditions, if your brakes aren't working you aint gett'n them HOT!

that too. well i got used to not using my back brake because it was no use unless i was stoppin really quick for some reason, otherwise i just use my gears and front brakes to stop.

well guys, are there any other thoughts on the whole drilling thing?? i wanna know as much as possible if im gonna do it and i wanna do it right.