Drag Blaster

alkyblaster4mill

Sep 23, 2008
Grantham NC
Took the blaster out to the track for the first time yesterday 300feet dirt. I run 5.4's in here the run down on it. Bored 90over wiseco piston, head rechambered and milled for alky, 4mm hotrods crank tured and welded and lightned flywheel by wildcard. FTZ out of frame drag pipe, override tranny done by tyson racing, v-force reeds, 34mm mikuni on alky and stock cylinder that hardly has a trail port done it i dont it myself going to get a fully drag ported cylinder soon hopeing for 4.90's out of stock cylinder.I:I

a stock cylinder meth full drag port with override can get flat 5's in 300feet if its setup right

yea am trying to find another non-ported stock bore cylinder so i can get a full drag port on it i also how to get me a wheeile bar cause i was wheeleing down the track too and i have a +6 arm out back

blaster2.jpg

Yea it was brad tyson that done the override nope do not take her on any trails lol. Went back out the 300feet track today and run a 5.32 i think i can still get some more out of her i hope.

this is where the proof is..the times in drag races.....

nice ride paul!!!

dynos tal o hyeah...and can be manipulated and lie..wanna prove a point..show times!!!

i had some questions for you drag fans, here in Portugal there is no legal drag :( but we do it any way in a non trafic street for safety i run 2 stroke and 2 wheels bikes 50cc, 125cc and 200cc but i want to make my mark with my blaster doing a drag engine but need to be powerfull to take some off the bikes that run in that street

someting i want to know

- override - what is this?? and what the benefits off this mod
- some off you guys talk about lock clutch i think (is this a reenforcement off the clutch)
- Drag port??? what you do in a drag port ( i know this is a hard question because there are people in the forum o made their money doing porting)
- drag pipe run with any kind off exaust time and area???
- you guys change the gear box??

iff you guys have some pictures is very nice becaus my inglish is not the best ;)

best regards

"- override - what is this?? and what the benefits off this mod
- some off you guys talk about lock clutch i think (is this a reenforcement off the clutch)
- Drag port??? what you do in a drag port ( i know this is a hard question because there are people in the forum o made their money doing porting)
- drag pipe run with any kind off exaust time and area???
- you guys change the gear box??"

An override transmission has backcuts on the gears and re-designed drum so it doesn't use the clutch to shift, just hold it wide open and bang through the gears. There are several diffent override options available for various types of drag racing and builds. These are made by machining the stock transmission parts.
A clutch lockup installs over your clutch pressure plate and has weighted arms or steel ball bearings/ramps that use centifugal force as engine rpms increase to place more pressure on the pressure plate.
A drag port is set up with peak power in mind, different types of drag racing will require slightly different layouts. Typically they include good triple exhaust ports in cylinders that have enough casting aroung the sleeve to add them.
And as for your question about drag pipes, yes they will run with any runable port time areas...but like any other pipe they will run best when the port time areas are matched to them. Typical drag pipes will be in the mid to high 190's for exhaust duration, the time area will depend on what rpm you are trying to achieve peak power.
As for your last question, drag blasters typicall run the stock gearbox with modifications...override trans ect.

Those are a fairly shortened explanation of your questions.
-Brandon

thanks brandon now i understand override and lock clutch

I want to do a nice engine to run with my blaster to show that blaster engine is strong, but here in portugal there are no parts to modify blaster, only for banshee, raptor, etc

the override is no need in portugal because nobody have :) and im fast changing gear but its a very nice mod but in portugal only if i have a drawn to show in a metal industry to do the work

Lock the clutch is only need if you have a strong engine right? for clutch don+t split in portugal we machine work the basket to put more disc´s (ferodo and steel) and use springs off other bike like suzuki bandit 400, wr 400, etc.

the clutch lockout can be dialed in to allow just the right amount of clutch slip so you don't blow your tires off out of the hole then lock once you gain traction. It really serves more purposes than just applying maximum pressure, it applies just the right amount of pressure at all times if setup right.