Drag and Trail Builds

StrokedTater244

DriveDeterminationDesire
Mar 28, 2008
PA
i will get more pics later. i cannot give a full desciption of everything i have done, as i do not have the time. just want to share some of what i have done so far.

here is the trail blaster. it has a flotek built stroker motor, keihin 35mm pwk, hinson basket, DP clutches, mirror black PC'd frame, +2 steering stem by me, +3 longtravel swingarm by me, will soon have yfz 450 front shocks on the burgard +2 +1 powdercoated a arms. and a 400ex rear shock. rear travel will be 11" and the front will be about 9" when its all done. it has a banshee durablue eliminator axle and some renthal bars. here are some pics.

030.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

now for the dragger.. well it got completely torn down..every nut, bolt, fastener. engine gets a fresh bore and forged wossner piston, new trued and welded stroker crank, lightened flywheel, new clutch, new crank bearings, seal and some other oem yamaha stuff to freshen it up. the chassis got strippped and repainted. i used acrylic enamel with a "wet look" hardener. this stuff looks almost base/clear when its done and has proven to be pretty durable for us. the color came on the chevy ssr's. it is ultraviolet blue pearl metallic. also tweaked the swingarm, built a new 4 bar, chromoly wheelie bar, chromoly adjustable rear strut and set it up to run front brakes. (track rules, GAY)... also painted the steering stem, swinger and some other small parts to make her pretty again. she was getting pretty ragged..pics do not do the color justice..it is a purple, blue metallic that changes as the light hits it from different angles..almost camelion looking... pics:::

011-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

024.jpg

025-1.jpg

Last edited:
i didnt get the scrathes out of the frame as good as i would have liked.. but i used a gray high build primer..then sanded that with 400..then went over that with black primer and sanded that quick with some 4 and 600..it came out pretty smooth.

061.jpg

058.jpg

060.jpg

040.jpg

042.jpg

047.jpg

049.jpg

054.jpg

057.jpg

056.jpg

our 48 chevy fleetmaster is like that color. its called radar blue. blue in the sun deep purple in the dark. ill post up a pic

005-3.jpg

Last edited:
if ya guys look you cann see his custom grab bar and it is effin awsome I:I

i noticed that and wondered if it would be gettin a wheel on it ???
hahahaaa
as usual, nice work matt !!!!!!

both your builds are looking great Matt,

i cant wait to see more pics of the dragger back together!
ill have them shortly james..thanks!!!
That is some sick paint man. Looks good. That trail bike is gonna be a sleeper. Lol
thanks alot!!
some run no brake pads, nor any fluid in the system, so there is no way the brakes can engage and slow your run.

i cannot do this..although i have thought about it..if they decide it needs to be tech inspected they have to work at least somewhat when ya pull the lever..this track has it share of local (favorite) people....im not from down there and am not one of the "favorites"...so yeah..i will be prying them pads apart before every pass and not using them..thats for sure.

good stuff bro!! are you going to be running paddles on the dragger this year? i bet your trail bike is faster than my drag bike. haha

thanks bro!!!

i dont know if i will buy paddles just for busco..i might if i have to though.. i will be looking to borrow a set just for the drags.. my trail bike may be faster..:p..the thing really rips.

some more pics of the dragger and parts:

008-4.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

012-1.jpg