Don't know what to do.

blasterdude14

Apr 28, 2009
ohio
Hey guys you were always good at helping out with dilemmas. As you all know I bought my eclipse about a month ago, problem is at this point I do not have the title. I'm getting pissed and the seller has yet to respond to me. I bought the car out of state and its a 4 hour drive each way so I can't really spare the time for another trip out there. The day I bought the car we had the title set up and ready to go but he scratched something out on it so when I went to get an Ohio title for it they would not take it so since then I have been trying to get in contact with him so he could get a new title and send it out here. I got in contact with him and initially he said the title would be on its way that friday when he got paid, it has been 3 weeks since then and I have yet to have a title show up in the mailbox and he has not responded to me at all. I'm considering legal action but being the nice guy I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Just irritates me its a simple thing to do that takes at most a 1/2 hour out of his day.

Take legal action.

Funny you say you "Cant find time" to go take action on a title for a car you bought. Must not be THAT important if you cant find the time for it.

I'm a full time college student, and barely had the money to buy the car I can't really afford the gas to drive all the way out there.

My mother had close to the same problem on a car she bought almost a year ago. The guy was doing the same thing and my mother was able to just get a new title without the PO. The DMV pressed charges on him to. It only took a couple of weeks to get the new title. Talk to a supervisor at the DMV and they should be able to help you.

My mother had close to the same problem on a car she bought almost a year ago. The guy was doing the same thing and my mother was able to just get a new title without the PO. The DMV pressed charges on him to. It only took a couple of weeks to get the new title. Talk to a supervisor at the DMV and they should be able to help you.

Thanks for the info I would have never thought about that

heck yea I would cause I had a similar problem as well. have them get involved this guy will be S(-)!ting bricks and youll have your new car free and clear provided its not stolen of corse

Who buys a vehice and pays cash without a title in hand.Shame on you for that one.Titles are all the same.Not hard for you to proof read it and know it was filled out correctly before purchasing.Sounds like you bought a lemon and he will be passed his 30 days by the time you get the title.I also agree why are you waiting for him other than not wanting to pay the fees for a new title and or title search and do it yourself.Like you said it's only a half hour of his or your time.Get er done!!!!!!

Who buys a vehice and pays cash without a title in hand.Shame on you for that one.Titles are all the same.Not hard for you to proof read it and know it was filled out correctly before purchasing.Sounds like you bought a lemon and he will be passed his 30 days by the time you get the title.I also agree why are you waiting for him other than not wanting to pay the fees for a new title and or title search and do it yourself.Like you said it's only a half hour of his or your time.Get er done!!!!!!

I did have title in hand, but he scratched something out. I can't get the title myself. He had to get a new title in Michigan then send it out here so I can get an Ohio title. The seller said if the DMV did not take it then he would get me a new one. DMV didn't take it so I called him up and was told it would be taken care of by Friday. Its been 3 weeks since then.

title work here in PA. sometimes takes up to 6 weeks.
but this dudes lack of communication may require special attention

If I could simply get a response out of him on whats going on it wouldn't be so bad. I just need to know the seller to tell me if its on its way or not and whats going on with it

If I could simply get a response out of him on whats going on it wouldn't be so bad. I just need to know the seller to tell me if its on its way or not and whats going on with it

You may need to call your cousin "Louie " to get some info out of him. :)

Also get ball rolling by contacting either county prosicuter where you got car, or State A.G. Office, then let seller know you have to CYA.