Do "Oversized Rings" Exist?

Jammies

Jun 23, 2011
New York
Some seniors in my school called me out for being a "P*ssy @ss b!tch still on a Blaster." They then started saying how they ride monster 450 dirt bikes. One kid then said he had a "Hooked up Blaster." He said it was fuel injected and that he put oversize piston rings in it... Are oversize piston rings real?

he sounds like a dumbfuck to me, there are oversized pistons, that have rings to fit the piston, but they do absolutely nothing to the performance, and i highly doubt the efi, he just is tryin to sound cool

Yeah, sorry about the story behind my question... I'm a little mad to say the least. I completely understand that the oversized piston needs oversized rings, but that's not how he meant it. He said these oversized rings "Made mad compression." I don't think they were very knowledgable and I think they underestimated how much I knew. There was 4 of them and 1 of me, but they could not make one valid point without my disproving it. One kid said he has a "YZF450"<--(Should be YFZ) bored to a 600cc... Even though they were completely wrong, I kinda dug myself into a hole.

It's hard to argue logic against an unarmed opponent....even when you're right, they're too dumb to figure it out!

The trick is, hitting home the points that you KNOW are right (never bluff in a situation like that) and call them out points you can EASILY prove wrong (like how he said YZF when it's supposed to be YFZ). Once you've got a group on the defensive call them fools and walk away.

Unfortunately, you're probably too young to see this but their goal wasn't to prove how slow your quad is or how fast their dirtbikes or whatever are..... it's to get under your skin. They won simply by getting you flustered and riled. The good news is, being that they sound like geniuses (HINT HINT: SARCASM!) and you have enough good sense to come on and check out the TRUTH you have the upper hand in the long-run as you now know they're completely full of crap and or don't know their heads from holes in the ground.

Yeah, it was more of an annoyance situation. They just wanted to start with me (My guess) because they're seniors and I'm a freshman. And like you said sicivic, I probably shouldn't have let it get to me, but I did.

No regrets though, I'm proud of myself. With everything I've learned from coming to this site everyday, I was able to stand up to a group of people with confidence. I knew that I could match their knowledge on bikes easily. They didn't make me look dumb, if anything they look bad. So I suppose that'll be the end of it with them. But hey, couldn't have done it without the effort you guys put into this site. I learned everything from here! So thanks to every member of BF!

Yeah, it was more of an annoyance situation. They just wanted to start with me (My guess) because they're seniors and I'm a freshman. And like you said sicivic, I probably shouldn't have let it get to me, but I did.

No regrets though, I'm proud of myself. With everything I've learned from coming to this site everyday, I was able to stand up to a group of people with confidence. I knew that I could match their knowledge on bikes easily. They didn't make me look dumb, if anything they look bad. So I suppose that'll be the end of it with them. But hey, couldn't have done it without the effort you guys put into this site. I learned everything from here! So thanks to every member of BF!

you may be a freshman. but i bet you can out ride them. and know more around a small engine motor then they do. you could ride circles around them

Those are the same guys id stomp in high school with my mustangs or pick with them until theyd hit me then beat the holy hell out of them.lol i used to love to fight.Kids will take that out of you.

Im a freshman too, im allways talking about my 83 1st gen rx7 and my other old schools, and BBc's, and my hoard of bikes. They think im a crazy kid that knows too much.