do i need to change boot for carb.

billysblaster

Apr 22, 2010
arkansas
i am trying to install a 28mm carb. do i need to change the factory air supply hose. hope i dont. and one more question on the carb. it is a keihin pwk, there is a nipple on the top of the carb, but i am not sure what goes there it came with the two vent hoses already attached, and i know where the fuel supply line goes but not sure about this one it is a small nipple

For a 28mm carb,I don't think you will need to change the boot.I did not have to with my 30mm OKO.You may be ok with the air filter boot to.As for the nipple.I'm not sure what your talking about.The only thing I can think of with out pics, is it's the little rubber boot that the cable go's into to hook to the slide.

I think you are going to need to modify the stock boot to fit. I have a 28 mm myself and I had to add an adapter to it from home depot. Try heating it with a heat gun to try to expand it. I've read that some have been able to make the stock boot work with up to 30 mm carbs.

I got mine to fit by fighting it for about an hour and using small flathead screwdrivers to pry it out... It sucked but it fit and it will stretch a little over time