DMC Alien muffler compatable with stock pipe?

Et2rnal Smoker

Oct 22, 2012
Anyone know for sure? Considering keeping the stock expansion chamber. The DMC site is rather ambiguous about compatability. I suspect marketing tactics. LOL
Also curious if anyone here has that particular setup...if so, with jetting specs and reviews possibly?

I believe it will fit,but don't quote me on it.

Besides... why stop half way,unless you got that silencer for free. Make it a COMPLETE PACKAGE. The stock pipe works very well,but you will be cheating yourself out of a nice "tuned" package by not up-grading the pipe too. You already posted that you just ordered a wiseco top and bottom end kit in this thread right here...
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/i-need-guidance-52524/
So my advice would be to get the pipe too,and if you can afford the extra cost,get it ported. I GUARANTEE that you will not be disappointed if you got it ported and the head re-chambered!!!

You will then be right around double the stock power output. If your still running the oil injection like I do...,just for the record...it will work fine with all the modifications you can through at it.

Thanks AK.... for helping me see through the silly idea of sacrificing power and proper tunage ideology for the empty notion of shaving a few $ from my project budget. That's just the type of intervention I was in need of....thanks for having my back in a moment of weakness, man. LOL. In the end I would've regretted it anyway. It is a noble quest to get it tuned to it's proper destiny. The way "the good Lord intended" it to run. Besides, I can think of no shame in helping Dave Millers retirement fund. That man built some bad ass KX 80's that I will forever be impressed with way back in my old'n racing days.

By the way, surprisingly enough, I now find myself actually considering keeping the oil injector, which was almost completely against my old school pre-mix mindset at the time I bought my Blaster.

This is how I would do it...
After you get that engine freshened up,have the performance pipe ready to bolt on and a hand full of main jets...then start with the stock pipe/ DMC silencer package and see how that engine runs with that set up first,THEN install the performance pipe,jet it properly,then give that a whirl. This is how you learn things. This is how you will see and feel the difference between two combinations of parts. Then write it down in a notebook! Thats right...write down the results,good,or bad. Same goes for the jetting numbers your using. That way you know where you've been and where you need to go.

When you do choose a pipe,ANY PIPE,....
DO NOT CHOOSE A PIPE BECAUSE IT... "SOUND COOL"

That has got to be the stupidest things I've ever heared or saw someone do. I hit the deck laughing when I hear it.

Here is an old thread on how different pipes sound. Its fun to listen to them all,but that should be as far as it goes.
http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/sound-freedom-41965/index3.html

Your bike is down for the moment. Now is the time to do some research and get educated on everything you want to know and do to your engine. Don't just ask "Whats the best pipe to run?" Not only is that stupid,but your going to get very opinionated results,because obviously the pipe that person is running on "his" blaster is the best. Ya dig?

If you want to hear my advice,here it is...

Fresh top end with an "aggresive trail" port,re-chambered head,and a good pipe/silencer combo...there are many,and a good set of reeds like VForce 3 or 4's. You can use the stock reeds. They work good regardless what people say,but the VForce's are hard to beat. You can always go to a bigger carb later for a bit more on the top end,but save the money for now.

Just my thoughts.

By the way, surprisingly enough, I now find myself actually considering keeping the oil injector, which was almost completely against my old school pre-mix mindset at the time I bought my Blaster.

That is strickly up to you. Nothing wrong with pre-mixing. Its been working since people been mixing oil with fuel.
I'm just saying that the oil injection sytem works perfectly for me. NEVER an issue...EVER. You can still go with the oil injection with a bigger carb if you desire,but you will have to tap the carb for an oil nipple,or install an oil nipple in the bung on the intake manifold,or tap it into the reed box on the cylinder,or you could even install a nipple in a reed spacer plate. More ways than one to do it.