DIY's NEEDED

crusty4365

Sep 2, 2007
montgomery NY
we need some more DIY on everyday tasks that the average blaster owner doesnt know

how to rebuild an engine top and bottom (pictures or video)

how to instan bigger cranks (pictures or video)

how to instal 240 kits (pictures or video)

how to jet carbs (pictures or video)

how to flip tires for wider stance by means of flush stems or boring out a hole for a new valve stem on the other side (pictures or video)

how to adjust timing plate (pictures or video)

how to modify rear shock mounts to fit 400ex rear shocks (pictures or video)

and many more

i beleive that as a forum we can cover almost every mod upgrade problem and routine maintnance with a DIY to make it that much easier on people that dont know how to do it..

personaly i made this announcement because the very few DIY's i know i have posted and i hope that others read this annouoncement and that inspires them to take a half hour out of their day and teach us all how to mount 400ex shocks and other things listed above..... i understand its an inconveinience to take pictues and such but a picture is worth 1000 words and personaly when i see a DIY without pictures i shake my head

thanks man we need more ppl like u.. i dont know much buy im going to be working on my friends blaster today and if i c anything worth DIY'ing il post it

do u think i should do a diy on how to instal the kickstarter spring/kick start gear

Last edited:
yes i actualy had some trouble with all of that before i learned that you have to take off the kickstart to open the case... wooooops yeah that would be great the more the better we should just have 10000000 DIY's that way we dont have 10000000 questions posted about the same thing.. post it once in the DIY and it wont clog up the support and engine ect sections.

ok, i'll do the rejetting,kick start gear later today and it should be up by the end of tonight.

we ahve a top end rebuild one wiht pictures, and on other websites there are ones with pics aobut slotting your stator plate

I was thinking a DIY on a Banshee rear axle ( I would love to see that) and, if it works I will do a DIY on how to install electric start... that is if I don't patent it and sell it.

thats ok and dharbec if you need anyhelp il do what i can to help out with the elec start id love to see that.. do you have any diagrams or shematics or are u just throwing it out there?

I have a pretty good idea and it should be an easy install. I am waiting on parts so I can test it out. I think it will be cheaper than I originaly thought.

ah man dirty that would be amazing! if i wasnt poor id buy new stuff to do. um il do a DIY about how to flip tires a i gues cuz my friend mike whos rich is getting a blaster and im gunna b doing all the work on it for him so all the parts i tell him to buy he will so his will b wicked so il do sum DIY's about different stuff i gues