Dissassembling 94 Blaster

R

rustyleskiv

I am taking my blaster apart to paint the frame/ body and to clean everything. Are there any instructions out there that explain how to do it best? Any tutorials on it or DIY articles? I'd appreciate any tips...I'm starting tommorow.
Thanks

nah i dont think there is a DIY , just start with the tires then seat fenders, gas tank.handlebars . carb/motor . a-arms, swing arm, and so on and so on lol . hope i helped . B-)

yeah i just took my apart last week, as bigd said, use plastic bags to mark where bolts go and try to keep things organized. find a place where nobody will touch it like in your basement.

yeah you could even get a camera and take pics of where different things go
(coil,CDI,ect.)and make sure you do a good job on your wires...

put everything in ziplock bags and sharpie marker the bag saying where they go

and also leave a description on a peice of paper inside the bag

thanks for the tips. Got it all apart and on shells and bags. Going to be working on sanding all the paintable parts and cleaning everything else. I do have a problem though... The brackets that hold the front of the engine- I has to cut them off because someone had welded them before and they were off by half an inch and welded to the motor so I had no way of unbolting the engine from the frame. I forgot to measure the distance between the frame and the engine so I could weld new custom brackets. Could someone measure theirs and let me know what the distance is? How long are the brackets? Thanks