Disaster blaster fix

@Larry's Shee that is correct that they do advance exhaust timing but in reality the power you gain for the price of one really doesn’t make it worth the extra price. In comparison to actually raising the exhaust port it doesn’t really compare because you are loosing a bit of compression when at tdc with that cutaway and when porting the exhaust port you are widening the port and also following the port down to the exhaust flange essentially enlarging the port overall. I know if it were me I’d put my funds towards a real port job and re chambered head. That’s where the real power is made. Also, with all forged pistons I would highly recommend checking the piston to cylinder clearance and following the specs that come with it because forged piston expand at a greater rate then cast factory pistons do.

Don't be scared. Put oil in trans and gas. And kick. Crank turned nice and free after case assembly? You should be fine if you followed manual.they are a pretty simple motor to work on. Did you do a leakdown test after assembly? It a good idea.
Followed the manual? if that means looking at a few pictures.... so taking that into consideration im going to replace all the head studs and exhaust studs just to be sure one didnt look original it was shorter order placed for a 240/260 main jets a arm bushings tors eliminator exhaust clamp and springs. So ome thing im not too sure of the these piston rings it went into the cylender no problem i did a very quick hone and that was all but i can not find rings for this piston wiesco 67mm

Don't be scared. Put oil in trans and gas. And kick. Crank turned nice and free after case assembly? You should be fine if you followed manual.they are a pretty simple motor to work on. Did you do a leakdown test after assembly? It a good idea.
Followed the manual? if that means looking at a few pictures.... so taking that into consideration im going to replace all the head studs and exhaust studs just to be sure one didnt look original it was shorter order placed for a 240/260 main jets a arm bushings tors eliminator exhaust clamp and springs. So ome thing im not too sure of the these piston rings it went into the cylender no problem i did a very quick hone and that was all but i can not find rings for this piston wiesco 67mm

What was the ring gap at?.010-.012 thousands Should be ok. Should be able to get rings

The rings go in fairly easy when sqezzed in because of the tapper on the bottom of cylinder.

Oh god ring gap? I dont even remember how to do that how nessacary is that?
It is checked when cylinder and piston are off. With rings off piston place a ring in the cylinder and push in alittle with piston to make sure ring is square with bore and insert a feeler gauge between the gap of ring ends.. Ussualy the clearancing are fine on these. But it should be checked with new bores. With your honed bore you should be fine.

It is checked when cylinder and piston are off. With rings off piston place a ring in the cylinder and push in alittle with piston to make sure ring is square with bore and insert a feeler gauge between the gap of ring ends.. Ussualy the clearancing are fine on these. But it should be checked with new bores. With your honed bore you should be fine.
Ok im gonna full send after the batch of parts i need one shock but that can wait the kid before me must of really creamed a tree at one point whole left front was trashed and loose still gota figure out where the wiggle is coming from thinking the hubs

Ok im gonna full send after the batch of parts i need one shock but that can wait the kid before me must of really creamed a tree at one point whole left front was trashed and loose still gota figure out where the wiggle is coming from thinking the hubs
Jack it up or block it up under front frame . and ckeck. Everything!!!! You do not want something coming loose or apart on the front end. Or anywhere. For that matter.
It could make for a really bad day.

Jack it up or block it up under front frame . and ckeck. Everything!!!! You do not want something coming loose or apart on the front end. Or anywhere. For that matter.
I have all of them off

The kickstart feels a little rough almost ? Feels like decent compression no trans oil in yet i need a crank nut for the trans side but is that normal i mean i did hone it very lightly

I have all of them off

The kickstart feels a little rough almost ? Feels like decent compression no trans oil in yet i need a crank nut for the trans side but is that normal i mean i did hone it very lightly
Alittle rough almost? Not really understanding what you mean. Rough because of compression? Get your nut on . with plug out push kicker by hand
And see how she feels. Should be smooth

Alittle rough almost? Not really understanding what you mean. Rough because of compression? Get your nut on . with plug out push kicker by hand
And see how she feels. Should be smooth
Best way to describe the stroke is gritty but not very is that from the honing?

Best way to describe the stroke is gritty but not very is that from the honing?
There should be no grity feel if cylinder was cleaned well . and then lite. 2t oil on piston and rings upon assembly. Rings. Were lined up with pins in ring land? Did you oil all bearings upon assembly? Big end rod bearing. Crank bearings i always put alittle oil in the holes above the bearings . goes right in bearings. Is this missing nut the cause for your gritty feel?
What is the nut you are waiting on for. Primary drive gear? Clutch

There should be no grity feel if cylinder was cleaned well . and then lite. 2t oil on piston and rings upon assembly. Rings. Were lined up with pins in ring land? Did you oil all bearings upon assembly? Big end rod bearing. Crank bearings i always put alittle oil in the holes above the bearings . goes right in bearings. Is this missing nut the cause for your gritty feel?
What is the nut you are waiting on for. Primary drive gear? Clutch
I mean i used some engine oil in the wrist pin and bearing and the piston but im thinking i didnt clean it well enough im gonna do it again im not gonna be lazy now

I mean i used some engine oil in the wrist pin and bearing and the piston but im thinking i didnt clean it well enough im gonna do it again im not gonna be lazy now
Good idea. Engines are not the place to be lazy. These see up to 8000 rpm or more. So Take your time. And ask questions. That is how you learn. There. Are alot of people on here to help you. Wd on a paper towel till it wipes clean. No gray color on paper towel. Plus dont use engine oil. Use straight 2t. Oil that you use to mix with you gas. As that is what lubes piston and crank.

Good idea. Engines are not the place to be lazy. These see up to 8000 rpm or more. So Take your time. And ask questions. That is how you learn. There. Are alot of people on here to help you. Wd on a paper towel till it wipes clean. No gray color on paper towel. Plus dont use engine oil. Use straight 2t. Oil that you use to mix with you gas. As that is what lubes piston and crank.

... i literally just pulled it apart cleaned it proper and used motor oil and put it back together It is extremly smooth now but i used engine oil is it gonna burst into flames and take my leg off and cause permamant reproductive harm? Or will i be able to run it

... i literally just pulled it apart cleaned it proper and used motor oil and put it back together It is extremly smooth now but i used engine oil is it gonna burst into flames and take my leg off and cause permamant reproductive harm? Or will i be able to run it
Might lose one ball:D. Burn the hair off the other