Disaster blaster fix

I am finishing this tonight i have a cylinder honer and the clutch basket is half way in im pretty drunk and beer fridge is full gonna be a long night i think

image.jpg
No problem, it’ll be great having another blaster still up and going. It was a sad day when they stop making them.
Yes they were my childhood quad i love it

Looking great bud, your almost there. That clutch basket looks killer in there. Oh, and don’t forget to bend those locking tabs on the clutch washer.

image.jpg
No problem, it’ll be great having another blaster still up and going. It was a sad day when they stop making them.
Ok quick question thats as dar as my adjuster goes with no clutch plates or adjuster just basket and boss in is that normal?

Hard to tell from the pictures but the arrow on the tip of the arm is what’s suppose to line up with the notch/arrow on the case. You do have to install the clutch’s and springs in order to set the preload correctly.

Hard to tell from the pictures but the arrow on the tip of the arm is what’s suppose to line up with the notch/arrow on the case. You do have to install the clutch’s and springs in order to set the preload correctly.
Okay because with no plates on it it no where near the arrow that picture is crom the basket side thru the frame

You will have a friction then steel then will come the thinner friction with the spring laying within that.

Attachments

• E6B64916-6B3C-46AA-8FBC-6F27901C0901.png
    E6B64916-6B3C-46AA-8FBC-6F27901C0901.png
    687.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 139C968F-E15D-47F2-9F5F-1ABAFDEEC4FA.png
    139C968F-E15D-47F2-9F5F-1ABAFDEEC4FA.png
    708.6 KB · Views: 137
That small little point on the side of the lever is not what needs to line up. It’s the very tip/end of the lever itself that lines up with the cases.

Getrdone
Okay because with no plates on it it no where near the arrow that picture is crom the basket side thru the frame
Don't worry about adjustment on clutch lever. till push rods and ball and clutch is installed..
As long as lever is. Facing like in pic above you are good for assembly. For adjustment push lever towards front. Of atv with your finger. This will take up any play between lever and push rods and adjust pushrod on pressure plate . you should be able to feel the lever move with your finger while adjusting. And adjust till marks line up. It will basically end up with lever straight across case

Last edited:
That small little point on the side of the lever is not what needs to line up. It’s the very tip/end of the lever itself that lines up with the cases.

I am terrified to fire this thing up being that i built it and all im waiting one head stud washer and its done

Reactions: JoeJoeSX
Don’t be terrified, if you did your part and followed the service manual, you will be golden. That’s great that it’s almost done and we all get to know the outcome. I hope everything goes perfectly for you and there’s no hiccups. Things can pop up so just be prepared and if something does, try and not make to big a deal about it and remain calm, I know it can be hard but trust me with a level head you can get everything figured out.

Make sure to let us know how everything goes and if you need any assistance we will be here to help.

View attachment 34822 View attachment 34821 ANd where can i get a crank shaft nut? Ok ty for that vitos bs information and i dont have the tool to measure the bore i can still see the cross hatching on 50 percent of the cylender so thats gota be a good sign anyone know what kind of piston that is by lookin at it?
The Vito’s piston is NOT a gimmic. They might not add the hp they claim, but they do advance exhaust timing which is one way to increase power in a 2s. I used one on a budget rebuild, because I got it at dealer cost. They are made by Wiseco for Vito’s. They actually have the rings dropped because of the cutaway. It had a weird power band because I used a stock pipe. Proved that the pipe is designed to NOT achieve high RPM.

Reactions: Slydog
The Vito’s piston is NOT a gimmic. They might not add the hp they claim, but they do advance exhaust timing which is one way to increase power in a 2s. I used one on a budget rebuild, because I got it at dealer cost. They are made by Wiseco for Vito’s. They actually have the rings dropped because of the cutaway. It had a weird power band because I used a stock pipe. Proved that the pipe is designed to NOT achieve high RPM.
Yeah the stock pipe is definitely detuned
Where you been hiding?

I am terrified to fire this thing up being that i built it and all im waiting one head stud washer and its done
Don't be scared. Put oil in trans and gas. And kick. Crank turned nice and free after case assembly? You should be fine if you followed manual.they are a pretty simple motor to work on. Did you do a leakdown test after assembly? It a good idea.