Deal of the day!

88blasterman

Apr 20, 2011
hello blaster forum as many of you know I have moved over to the 250r's but I still do poke around with the odd blaster. Just today I found a mint 1999 Yamaha Blaster that was 45 min from my door. Piston snapped and skirt fell into bottem end which locked the crank up. could the crank be bent... The bike is mint, plastic shinny with no cracks, new tires, dg silencer, a arms are mint. bike is very clean. Paid $400 with a title. Thought that was a steal. Anyone have a spare motor laying or the proper parts to get this 2 smoker up and running. or.... is anyone looking for some parts I:I will post pics tomorrow

I beleave I have a spare crank and 2 sets of tranny gears and 1 good set of cases a 20 over wiseco piston and a std bore narums piston if you need any parts pm me

chances are, the pieces of the piston that got dragged into the crank area, have cracked the cases. happens all the time. as far as 400 being a steal for a 99, not really. i once paid $130 for a old style blaster with aftermarket parts, that was complete, but didn't run, $300 for a running 04 and $350 for a 03 with no compression. just sayin'.

damn i got screwd i payed a 1000 for a 03 all it needed was new gaskets and a reed cage did i get robbed lol

if it wasn't running and only average shape, i would have not paid $1000, maybe $700. also, any average old style blaster, i will not pay more than $400 for, running or not.

I would buy a cheaper one and fix it before i payed 1000+ again for a pretty nice, no problems one.

Since i got my current one for 1500, i really got a steal...

$400 for a nice 99 with blown motor isn't a steal, but its not a bad deal either ... You can get a complete top and bottom end kit from wiseco for $315 shipped to your door ! $15 for a flywheel holder made by Motion Pro, $60 for a crank puller/installer tool made by Tusk, watch Ken's how to video on splitting cases FREE, and with some time, and hard work you'll have a nice blaster with a brand new motor for under $800. Not to mention the peace of mind knowing that new motor was done right and will serve you well for years to come, not too bad of a deal if you ask me !