Cut Fenders

nightsterman

Sep 20, 2010
Fairborn OH
Ok so i came home from work and decided to chop the Blasty up so i taped and cut the fenders im quite pleased with the out come. now i just need to clean up the cuts and probably end up painting the plastics... well i wont keep yall waiting even though half of ya'll skipped the reading and went straight to the pictures.

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

its just for looks i thought the stock fenders looked big and bulky so i cut them down to the size i liked. the rears i just trimmed about an inch off the sides and made them even left to right . I:I

I was wondering that myself what exactly was the purpose of the "race cut" fenders I had figured it was just for looks but frankly I like the was the stock fenders look although yours do look pretty sweet

Isn't the main purpose of fenders to keep sh*t from flying up at you? Why would you cut them back than? Haha just wondering but it does look kinda cool.

MY point exactly ;) i guess if all you do is race MX you dont really have to worry. but on the trails, i'd like to keep my protection

well sometimes in life you need to just not be a big puss and get a little dirty for the sake of good looks!! hahahahaha :D. i mean seriously, it takes you 15 mins to get all nasty with fenders on and it takes 10 without them. Bronco had the biggest fenders out of anyone at awks and he still got just as muddy as everybody else.

i have no front fenders, i may get a bit more spray off the tires, aka little dots of mud, then other riders i ride with, but we all end up covered in mud anyway, and the front tires tread isn't known for holding rocks, so i like the fenderless go at it

I like how the fenders look stock or trimmed but i don't think the "race cut" fenders look that cool. If i wanted more room or visibility id just remove the fenders completely so i could put them back later if i wanted to.

if im out ridin i expect to get dirty i dont care i guess ill take looks over comfort, in the fender area this is just temp until i can afford maier plastics then the front fenders will be even smaller. woohoo more mud in the face. I:I

Psssshhhh front fenders suck. They serve no purpose, you get just as dirty with or without them. And blasters are so small you almost need to have them off, I couldn't ride with full fenders.

Now do cut fenders (or no fenders) look good on all bikes? thats for you to decide.

Fenders look good dude. Only thing I'd do is cut the bottoms and put some 45* on the corners, kinda like this...

DSCN1084.jpg