Custom Lights 01 Blaster

What type bulb does the 03 and up housing use? I was looking at modifying the 01 housing to accept a H4 bulb, but I think those projectors look cooler and would pry throw a better pattern

if ur trying to hook up leds, most leds take up to 12v dc and 1 amp if im not mistaking. so u can rig up the light to the stock wireing for the stock light. u just have too hook up a volt meter and see what kind of power those wires put out. now obvisilly the higer u rev the engine, the more current/volts get pushed through. so u may have to hook up a few resitors/capisitors/and a voltage regulator to reduce that higher voltage the engine produces when its reved. the benifit to hooking them up to the stock wires for the light is that u can turn them on high, low, and off.

The blaster has a voltage regulator, that should keep it under 13.5V IIRC. My cousins banshee had it go bad, you would have never known it except it blew the light when you revved it up. I'm not sure as what the low end of voltage is.

LED and HID both are very good about voltage variance. HID's are good anywhere from 9v or so to 18v. LED's I have no first-hand experience with, but I understand they are very good as well.

The blaster has a voltage regulator, that should keep it under 13.5V IIRC. My cousins banshee had it go bad, you would have never known it except it blew the light when you revved it up. I'm not sure as what the low end of voltage is.

LED and HID both are very good about voltage variance. HID's are good anywhere from 9v or so to 18v. LED's I have no first-hand experience with, but I understand they are very good as well.

i believe its a H6M

if ur trying to hook up leds, most leds take up to 12v dc and 1 amp if im not mistaking. so u can rig up the light to the stock wireing for the stock light. u just have too hook up a volt meter and see what kind of power those wires put out. now obvisilly the higer u rev the engine, the more current/volts get pushed through. so u may have to hook up a few resitors/capisitors/and a voltage regulator to reduce that higher voltage the engine produces when its reved. the benifit to hooking them up to the stock wires for the light is that u can turn them on high, low, and off.

An led alone doesn't usually run on 12v. You need a resistor. 9v will burn up an led without a resistor. I had led headlights on my streetfighter bike for a while. Super bright at only 3 watts but LEDs have a wide angle so I couldn't see very far. They were mr16 bulbs. This was the housing but there are plenty of ways to mount them.
new.jpg