Crank Case seal list and replacement

blastngo92

Jul 7, 2010
Louisiana
i am currently waiting on a seal because one i got in my kit was deformed(thanks vitos) and i decided while i had it all out id post pics of the seals showing where they are, and i havent seen any stickys already so i thought id share for those of you that dnt have a clymer yet, too poor to get one or whatever here it is
you have the left main bearing seal
the left countershaft bearing seal
the shift shaft seal
the clutch release lever seal
the right main bearing seal
and the kickstarter seal

to replace the seals all you have to do FOR THE LEFT CRANKCASE SEALS is
pry the old seal out with a screwdriver but be sure to be careful so you dont damage anything so pad the pry area on your screwdriver, compare the old and new seals to check for deformitysbe sure before putting the seal in place to make sure the makers mark is facing the outside of the crankcase
pack grease between the seal lips and press the seal in using a ratchet socket and a hammer
now to replace the right main bearing seal is a little diffrent because its a double lipped seal
basically the same procedure and like the others the makers mark must be facing the outside of the crankcase

Also when your replacing the left countershaft seal if your not splitting the cases to replace them be careful when your putting the new one in so that the inside of the lip does not flip inside out

If there is anything that is incorrect or unclear please correct me, my information has come stright out of the clymer manual. enjoy

Attachments

• DSCN2417.jpg
    DSCN2417.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN2416.jpg
    DSCN2416.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN2415.jpg
    DSCN2415.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
the only real work is getting to the seals, removing the engine, draining the oil, removing the stator, the clutch basket assembely etc. be sure and bring some WD-40 to the table and dont strip those screws!