craigslist problem

theblasterboy

Feb 13, 2011
Lancaster,Ohio
ok so i traded a guy my yz125 for his cr125.my 99 for his 95.this was a even strade up.we informed eachother of the bikes problems.now hes saying there was more wrong with the bike than i had informed him of.well there was alot more wrong with the bike i got then i was informed of.now hes saying that if i dont trade him back hes going to have the sheriffs come and take it.what should i do?hes been calling/texting me and had someone else call me.please help.

thats a tough call, i would probobly go ahead and trade back. anytime someone wants to trade something for the same thing they basically already have its because its got problems they dont want to deal with... as you probobly already know. i try and stay away from trading things in general. also how long has it been traded?

Call him and ask him him specificaly whats wrong and if their legit problems trade him back and be rid of him. But certainly dont let your self be taken advantage of. Have your parents and what not inspect it and run it to see what he did to it to see what he's so po'd about before he leaves. And If he does get the sherrif point out how great a deal he got and now he's complaining but wont explain why. If he dosent it seams a bit suspicious to me.

Once it's of the property, it's a done deal. If you want to trade back, that cool. I don't think the cops will do anything. It's a civil matter that will have to be with in court. It's up to the person doing the trade to make sure what he is getting before you take it.

Got any papers to go with the deal? I know no money exchanged hands, but its always good to get a bill of sale when swapping or selling bikes. If you've got at least some kind of documentation, that will help your case if the matter winds up in court. It sounds like from reading your post that you aren't exactly happy with the trade, either. If I was in the situation, I'd just trade back and be rid of this jerk.

If you have a bill of sale then tell him to F-off. Tell him nicely to stop calling and if he continues then you go to the police. He is harassing you at that point.

you have a bill of sale and he took possession of the bike so the deal is done and will hold up in court. what was the exact wording on the bill of sale?

I his name here have evenly traded my 95 Honda cr125 for (insert my name here) 99 yamaha yz125. We both singed it and dated it.'the same was for mine except it was the yz first and my name first