Cr250??

fox396

Feb 3, 2011
pa
i have a blown up cr250 that im thinking about rebuilding and putting the motor on my blaster. im not afraid of making motor mounts or anything like that but is there any major obstacles i should know about?

frame clearance, you may need to edit your frame to get it in properly, i know there is a issue with the kicker hitting the frame with a YZ250 swap.

I think the main obstacle is the pipe fitment, there is a thread around here from a guy who did the swap and I think he had to rework his pipe but I dont know what pipe he reworked to make it fit.

i have a blown up cr250 that im thinking about rebuilding and putting the motor on my blaster. im not afraid of making motor mounts or anything like that but is there any major obstacles i should know about?

May be but I wouldn't know. The only major issue off hand is the pipe will have to be rebuilt or remade altogether. You can take a look at typical aftermarket 250 pipes and cut them and weld them back together to your preferences for fitment or some of the custom pipe builders out there could hook you up.

i agree the pipe would be the hardest part and you might have to make a custom setup for the airbox idk tho i havent done an engine swap , yet.............

im not worried about the airbox since i already made a custom high flow box for my blaster and it has an adjustable boot. if i do do this its getting ported and polished while im rebuilding it:) and once i start im not stopping, whatever problems i come into i will find a way to get around it. im not cutting up my green frame either so i need to find another cheap frame to mock up and see if this all works

once i start im not stopping, whatever problems i come into i will find a way to get around it.

If you really have this attitude you'll do just fine and have fun doing it. In the time it takes to explain a problem on a forum and sort through all the BS opinions about having read this or that, a friend of a friend did it this way, I've heard it vibrates or why bother anyway you will already worked your way through it and be on to the next solution. Get out your imagination, common sense, saws all, grinders, a welder and get after it ... burp

A YZ kicker does hit the frame but it only takes a few minutes to mod it to work. Solving the little problems is what it's about. How you do it is what makes your hybrid unique.
Good Luck & post lotsa pix ...

yzkickstartclear.jpg

i have posted my cr250 swap on this forme look it up under engine mod swap its yellow and blue i di not have to cut the frame the hardest part is the pipe i had to cut the pipe in like five pices then put back together.oh yea and the kick starter i used the one off the blaster