Cr250 motor swap to Blaster

thanks man!

There will be updates in a few days, my mom is visiting her dad who is essentially on his death bed :( she has the cameras though and my camera decided to poop out. More pics to come later this week! Working on motor mounts today, I hope to have them done

thanks man!

There will be updates in a few days, my mom is visiting her dad who is essentially on his death bed :( she has the cameras though and my camera decided to poop out. More pics to come later this week! Working on motor mounts today, I hope to have them done

Im sorry to hear that bro good luck on the build i should have my blaster back together today as long as the piston kit comes today as scheduled

sorry for being absent for such a long time guys. I have been quite busy with all my other machines. I now have a blaster that has a hole in the bottom crankcase which I am attempting to weld. The piston skirt broke and punched a hole in the crankcase. I also have a warrior that has a seized bottom crank bearing. With the winter coming I will hopefully have more time to get everything done and start working on my 250 blaster. I make all my money from buying broken quads and fixing them to sell as working. Gotta make the moola somehow! :)

Nice build man, i hate myself right now, right before i bought my blaster a few weeks ago, i sold a 96 cr 250 that had a shattered piston for 200$ to some guy that saw it sitting in my yard for a couple years lol, i should have kept the dam thing, i could have used the carb and stuff if not a full swap..

Reactions: yamaha28
that would have been perfect! 200 is a great price, I would have bought that in a heartbeat. haha I don't know how well the carb would work the blaster engine.

Well i have mine down to the frame, its going to get alot of yellow and black paint, but im hopefully soon sending my cylinder to ken for porting and head milling, and your right the carb on the 250 was a 38mm i think...

I like that color combination, I have a blaster with a yellow frame and black fenders. It looks sick! You should do a thread with a lot of pictures. :D

So how did it turn out?? Are u done or did u fold?? I find alot of ppl start off good then fold for whatever reason.Your work & idea's are great.I love ur colors hell u did the DAMN THING if u finished it.Go hard for the little big guys lol.

I didn't fold quite yet, I am working on another blaster. It's a full rebuild from the ground up. I make my money by buying broken quads, fixing them, then selling them for a profit. That has taken up most of my time. One of these days I will get back around to it though!

That's what's up,u had me looking at the swap for my quad.I also have a cr250 taking up space but i wanna put it on my ex300.I do wannaa build up the blaster too so I'm just doing my research on the whole build b4 i dive in.(ie get my mney rt to go in non-stop) so all info is helping.Cant wait to see u finish it..

i got a 2003-2006blastr with a yz250 on it and it screams...my radiators are mounted on the side(see profile pic)...you will have a blast on it...p.s. HOLD ON TIGHT!!!!!....lol

i got a 2003-2006blastr with a yz250 on it and it screams...my radiators are mounted on the side(see profile pic)...you will have a blast on it...p.s. HOLD ON TIGHT!!!!!....lol

Y'all boyz be going inI:I uck it im on it.I'm going to find a good 250 to play with.I don't really like mixing brands so i will be going yz on the blaster & cr for my Ex.I just need to soak up a lil more info.I'll be getting my hands dirty on this build.I:I

Sweet! Can I get a couple close up pictures of your radiator and the mounts. And if you wouldn't mind, some shots of how you got your pipe mounted. Did you alter the frame to get pipe mounted? Because on my quad, the pipe is getting stopped about an inch and a half before it can clamp into the motor. Thanks! :)

Pipe length is rather critical, and inch or two on the head pipe makes a BIG difference on where the power will be.
I felt it was better to alter the pipe, since it is an experiment anyway, than to alter and possibly weaken the frame.
I cut the pipe and fitted a header flange to make it easier to get in and out of the frame. Works good, I recommend it.

199410_10150167877235803_549110802_8741706_120228_n.jpg

Here is an image of the pipe sectioned and in my case pieced were added in.
This lengthened the pipe and turned the peaky motocross into a torquer with lots of low end power.

197495_10150157219570803_549110802_8644977_3229926_n.jpg

If you wanted to keep the characteristics of the pipe, I'd cut a wedge out of 1/2 the diameter of the pipe (where you wanted the bend) and add it to the other side.
This would keep the same effective pipe length and rpm characteristics.

that's a really good idea. I will have to give that a try on my stock pipe before I cut up my FMF.

well I folded. I went in a different direction with my projects. The bike is being parted out as we speak. Sorry guys!