cover/kickstarter question

Ok I have got the gear off for the oil injector and went to put the cover back on. I cant seem to get the kick starter to line up right so that it springs back to place. I loosened the screws off on the cover and then i took the nut off the kick starter. When I tried to pull the kickstarter off the cover came off the case. I figured cool ill just remove the oil injector gear and slam it back together.

If anyone has any info or even pictures that might be helpfull that would be very cool! :). My blaster manual just tells me to put the kickstart lever back on and tighten the nut, however that doesnt help me out as my kickstart lever remained attatched to the cover when I removed it.

ah if i could take a cmaera i would but i just put new gear oil in. here is was you need to do. look on the upper left side (if you are looking at the blaster side vew) of the kick starter side. you will see all the bolt holes and all that jazz. you will also see about a 1/4" hole. that is where the angled part of the kick starter spring will go. push it in there. you have to put tension on the spring. i forget what way to turn it. then put the cover back on. bolt it up and bolt the kick starter nut back back, it should kick and return back to you. you may hear a click like the spring came out and it did, but it will stay. hope this helps.

Thx that does help. I will try that tomorrow when it gets light :).

My kickstarter is still attatched to the cover (i removed the nut already) and when i pulled on it the cover came off (I had screws in loose) enough to come off the gears so i just removed cover all way and made that mistake :). Since the kickstarter minus the nut is still on my cover do I just pull it off or is there a trick to getting it off so that I can put it in the slots in the case easier like you say and then put cover on over it and attatch the kickstart lever etc?

We had the same issue when we did the block off kit... It seems the instructions forgot to mention that little bit of information...

Thx for the help! I got it slaped together today. I did of course have the whole kickstarter assebmly fall apart when I knocked it out of the cover with rubber mallet! :). That sort of made it longer for me having to try to figure out how the assembley went, but it is done now and kickstarter works and returns to position as normal :). I put like 22 oz of trans oil back in (from what I read and conversions it was like 22 oz for normal and 24 oz of trans oil for full engine teardown.. which I am not sure if this would be considered one as I didnt get into the bottom end so I figured the lesser of the two for now until i can get it running to check the oil level :). I still have top end to put back in so i cant start it until done with that... for that matter half the bike is in pieces hehe :).