cost on porting

qaudracer711

Sep 24, 2010
meridian,ms
if i took my 2003 blaster to my mechnic shop how much do u guys think it would cost without labor? cuse i dont no how to take jug off motor and stuff like that

a shop is probably gonna cost you alot. take the top end off yourself its about the easiest thing to do. get a clymers manual and just go from there. then send your top end to kenoconnor for some porting. i think he charges 150 for porting and 60 for a head mod. well worth the cash imo

o wow i thought he was gonna charge alot does he have a phone number? and like i race my qaud mostley stock trying to learn bout thme but when i get it porterd what else do i need to change

a pipe, air filter and larger carb goes well with a port job
kens phone number is in my sig pic

with shipping and a new wiseco prolite piston... i sent my top end to ken and he ported my jug and honed it, and milled my head. with return shipping it came out to 388 bucks. i put it on and fired it up. broke it in, went for a slow ride, then gave er hell. my bike screamed like a rabid mongoose. but unfortunately, it only took 2 rides to get a reed screw lodged in my top end. no more milled head. so i am waiting to get my new piston in then save up and buy a gasket kit, then break it in, and ride like hell again and hope i did everything right this time. but probably no more than like 388 bucks. call ken and see what he says. if he doesnt answer leave him a message. he is good about talking about what hes gonna do to fit your riding style.

wow he will definatley be getting my buiness do i need to change my carb? and do i have to have aftermarket exhaust like what if i dont have the money to buy one right away can i still ride like it is?

well get a aftermarket exhaust, air filter, and rejet your carb before you have it ported. aftermarket exhaust, an aftermarket air filter and rejetting your carb will wake it up more than porting with a stock setup. but porting is deffinately worth the cash.

just any aftermarket exhaust besides dg. examples are... fmf, paul turner, toomey, lrd... a bunch really. but for cheap and for good bottom end, go with a fmf exhaust and with a k&n or uni filter. and for jetting, go to your local motorcycle shop and pick up a jet or 3. and the manual is called clymers. and the top end bolts are like 13mm i think

just any aftermarket exhaust besides dg. examples are... fmf, paul turner, toomey, lrd... a bunch really. but for cheap and for good bottom end, go with a fmf exhaust and with a k&n or uni filter. and for jetting, go to your local motorcycle shop and pick up a jet or 3. and the manual is called clymers. and the top end bolts are like 13mm i think

Pick up a Clymer manual. There is also an online service manual on here somewhere that I'm sure somebody can point out.