Complete bolt in YZ400 Blaster kit *checking intrest*

dont go killin the thread now.

ive talked to a guy with a 77 yz400 engine in good running shape. he wants $270 for it. but its only the bear motor. no reeds, no carb, no cdi, no pipe. i dont know how much all this would cost, meanwhile i dont know where to get all this. i have no idea where to get a nice pipe for it and dont know what carb to get. also would like some vforce reeds for it like you did paulie but how did u get them? u said it was a hard find...

sooo... i think im in over my head. BUT in time i think i could do it.

ALSO paulie, you said on that other forums that the 79 has alot more power than the 76-78. how much of a difference? if i put this thing on my blaster, with the 77, lets say stock parts. could i beat a 660 raptor? i just want an idea of power, yours is all pimped out, i dont think id spend that much, like for reeds and pipe so id like to find out how much power it puts out.

dont go killin the thread now.

ive talked to a guy with a 77 yz400 engine in good running shape. he wants $270 for it. but its only the bear motor. no reeds, no carb, no cdi, no pipe. i dont know how much all this would cost, meanwhile i dont know where to get all this. i have no idea where to get a nice pipe for it and dont know what carb to get. also would like some vforce reeds for it like you did paulie but how did u get them? u said it was a hard find...

sooo... i think im in over my head. BUT in time i think i could do it.

ALSO paulie, you said on that other forums that the 79 has alot more power than the 76-78. how much of a difference? if i put this thing on my blaster, with the 77, lets say stock parts. could i beat a 660 raptor? i just want an idea of power, yours is all pimped out, i dont think id spend that much, like for reeds and pipe so id like to find out how much power it puts out.

Get the 77 motor for $270. If it runs it's a fair deal. Don't sweat all the other parts it's really just the CDI that you should worry about getting. Get an Ebay account if you don't have one. Everything you need is on there! All the 1977 stock parts are just about obsolete now and much better stuff is available. There's nothing wrong with picking up newer used stuff. For the reeds you don't have to have V-force 3's the boysen power reeds are a nice upgrade and are available as well as the lesser known Active reeds. Anything is better then the stock steel pedal reeds. Get a used Keihin 38mm carb, way better then the stock Mikuni. Also an Ebay company called dirt overstock still caries new DG pipes for that 77. You will have to modify it. A local welder can do this for you for anywhere from $50 to $150 depending on how hungry he is.
When you read that the 79 has more power it's true but only about 5hp or less. I don't believe I ever stated it has 'alot' more power.
Dude 660 rapturds aren't fast! A ported, piped blaster 200 can take it so yes you should be able to beat it with the 77.
One more thing you have to consider about the 79' I will be selling. Everything is new. Cranks been re-built, bearings, seals the whole 9. This is something to consider, the 77 prolly has at least 20 year old bearings, seals, ect. it might run now but before you put alot of work into getting it into a blaster you might want to think about how old that stuff is inside the cases.
I can tell your excited to get a project goin and believe me I understand cause I sure was but doin so in a rush and a low budget is going to let you down in the long run.
Let me know if I can be of anymore help...PB

Well it looks like I'll be enjoying this combo for a while.
Flotek jes hooked me with a drag port I haven't even bolted on yet lol.

OK to be clear I'm not selling this YET. I just want to know if any of you guys would be interested. I'll be selling the complete kit and will not separate.

What you would get is everything you need to bolt in and go.

Included:
79' YZ400 with a Flotek trail port, all electronics, HD clutch and HD springs, re-built balanced/trued crank w/Pro X YZ490 rod, 1 of a kind V-force 3 reeds.
All the motor mounts.
Custom DG torque pipe.
Complete instructions and my resources for future motor parts.
Bragging rights and excusses from 4 stroke friends :)

Not included:
Carb.
airbox- CFM box highly recommended and bolts right up.
Silencer.
Air scoops.

You will be able to whip 450's that don't have thousands dumped into them.
Shoot me an offer

What about just the mounts and whatnot to stuff a stocker in what did you use for pipe originally?How much would you charge for that is what Im asking Ill put the 400 in and than determine when thats not enough and I need all the other mods lol.

Get the 77 motor for $270. If it runs it's a fair deal. Don't sweat all the other parts it's really just the CDI that you should worry about getting. Get an Ebay account if you don't have one. Everything you need is on there! All the 1977 stock parts are just about obsolete now and much better stuff is available. There's nothing wrong with picking up newer used stuff. For the reeds you don't have to have V-force 3's the boysen power reeds are a nice upgrade and are available as well as the lesser known Active reeds. Anything is better then the stock steel pedal reeds. Get a used Keihin 38mm carb, way better then the stock Mikuni. Also an Ebay company called dirt overstock still caries new DG pipes for that 77. You will have to modify it. A local welder can do this for you for anywhere from $50 to $150 depending on how hungry he is.
When you read that the 79 has more power it's true but only about 5hp or less. I don't believe I ever stated it has 'alot' more power.
Dude 660 rapturds aren't fast! A ported, piped blaster 200 can take it so yes you should be able to beat it with the 77.
One more thing you have to consider about the 79' I will be selling. Everything is new. Cranks been re-built, bearings, seals the whole 9. This is something to consider, the 77 prolly has at least 20 year old bearings, seals, ect. it might run now but before you put alot of work into getting it into a blaster you might want to think about how old that stuff is inside the cases.
I can tell your excited to get a project goin and believe me I understand cause I sure was but doin so in a rush and a low budget is going to let you down in the long run.
Let me know if I can be of anymore help...PB

Are you f'ing joking????!!!!!!A Blaster can beat a 660!!!!!!WOW.How fast can these little ATV's go?

Way to dig up a 2 year old thread!!!! lol

Are you f'ing joking????!!!!!!A Blaster can beat a 660!!!!!!WOW.How fast can these little ATV's go?

Ur talking a workedddd out the ass blaster to a stock 660...anything with mods done well and correctly will beat almost anything stock.

What about just the mounts and whatnot to stuff a stocker in what did you use for pipe originally?How much would you charge for that is what Im asking Ill put the 400 in and than determine when thats not enough and I need all the other mods lol.

Bob the mounts are the easy part.
I only grinded the stock rear 400 mounts to bolt in the Blasty frame,
and fabbed the front mounts out of off the shelf angle iron.

At any rate after I got the drag port and custom OOF FTZ pipe,
I've decided to keep her :D

Yes a 400 Blaster can beat a Rapturd 660- Stock 400 30 years old,
and yes a ported piped 200 blaster can beat a 660 if you can find one....

(yes a ported piped 200 blaster can beat a 660 if you can find one.... )
You saying if I get a good P&P and a good pipe like an F7,I can beat a stock 660??????Im just not sure what list of mod's will beat what ATV.I keep reading this and that .:-/

(yes a ported piped 200 blaster can beat a 660 if you can find one.... )
You saying if I get a good P&P and a good pipe like an F7,I can beat a stock 660??????Im just not sure what list of mod's will beat what ATV.I keep reading this and that .:-/

A stock 660 is only putting down 30-35hp.
A good agressive trail port and pipe + the supporting items like carb, reeds should put right about there.
Now if the guy drops about $1200 into the 660 then it's a whole different story.
660cc's has some potential just they have a reputation for not staying together.
You hear alot of this and that because there are so many variables.
If your into dragin and like to root for the lil guy then go with a drag port, stroked bb kit, big carb, +6 swinger and run race gas/ allky in your Blasty and hold on all that should make 50-60hp.
Forget trail riding at that point though.

So.If I go with a +3 stroker,A P&P on a 240 sleeve with a good pipe and the other stuff to support it,I can keep up with a stock 660 in the 1/4 mile or maybe the 1/8 mile.I don't think it will keep up in top speed.

So.If I go with a +3 stroker,A P&P on a 240 sleeve with a good pipe and the other stuff to support it,I can keep up with a stock 660 in the 1/4 mile or maybe the 1/8 mile.I don't think it will keep up in top speed.

Are you asphalt racing? 1/4 mile race is a LONG way.
Geared correct with those mods you should beat him all around.

how do people even f*cking do this? the thread has to have been atleast 40 pages back. you cant just accidently stumbled onto this. how much time do people have these days lol?

Are you asphalt racing? 1/4 mile race is a LONG way.
Geared correct with those mods you should beat him all around.

Im not doing any real racing.I just would like to know what mod's can beat what.If I can beat most ATV's them im very happy.I just don't want to get my ass spanked to bad.lol

OK to be clear I'm not selling this YET. I just want to know if any of you guys would be interested. I'll be selling the complete kit and will not separate.

What you would get is everything you need to bolt in and go.

Included:
79' YZ400 with a Flotek trail port, all electronics, HD clutch and HD springs, re-built balanced/trued crank w/Pro X YZ490 rod, 1 of a kind V-force 3 reeds.
All the motor mounts.
Custom DG torque pipe.
Complete instructions and my resources for future motor parts.
Bragging rights and excusses from 4 stroke friends :)

Not included:
Carb.
airbox- CFM box highly recommended and bolts right up.
Silencer.
Air scoops.

You will be able to whip 450's that don't have thousands dumped into them.
Shoot me an offer[/QUOTE

Sounds like a sweet fun build bro.. im running a 89 yz490 on a blaster with shaved head, bored 1.50 over, ported and polished, boyesen power reeds, bumped the ignition .2,+4 swing arm, and still in the middle of tuning and building workin out the kinks you know, I'm running stock carb at the moment but about to start running alcohol and not sure who to go through for a trustworthy alcohol carbuertor, but once I get the carb ill for sure have to tune the Jets and bump the ignition a hair, but as of right now she still rips, like you said even on pump gas wheelies 1-5 and leaves 700 raptors and 450's with money dumped into it, the only match there really is are the banshee guys but I like to be different and experience with other types of bikes and build but nice build bro respect given love to see that run